ardit bardhi
  • Forum posts: 18

Mar 27, 2012, 2:07:07 PM via Website

After i update my s2 to version 2.3.5 my phone is only lagg and is so slower
What can i do please help?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 27, 2012, 4:28:23 PM via Website

Was this an official update? Is your phone rooted? Do you have a live wallpaper installed or have you installed any megabite-heavy apps?

ardit bardhi

Mar 27, 2012, 5:29:15 PM via Website

No root.yes with official update with kies.its lagg and slow at the fiest moment that i update

ardit bardhi

Mar 29, 2012, 9:58:14 PM via Website

no answer ehh

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 6:01:02 PM via Website

Are you talking about the official Touchwiz ICS update?

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Apr 3, 2012, 8:36:42 AM via Website

It seems that you have done an update via Kies - official update- and have forgotten a very important step-------- Full wipe.

This is a typical symptom of an update where the full wipe option was not done afterwards.

I recommend boot to dev mode turn on device holding middle button and volume rocker up- then do full wipe and factory reset. Presto - lag is gone and your new version is fresh and fast.

Question: whay are you not using ICS version 4.0.3--- 2.3.5 is old news. Also 2.3.6 has been out for quite some time.

Look in the Galaxy S2 thread and you will see my link and instructions to go to ICS

Enjoy and good luck

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 3, 2012, 6:06:18 PM via Website

Christopher Silva
It seems that you have done an update via Kies - official update- and have forgotten a very important step-------- Full wipe.

This is a typical symptom of an update where the full wipe option was not done afterwards.

I recommend boot to dev mode turn on device holding middle button and volume rocker up- then do full wipe and factory reset. Presto - lag is gone and your new version is fresh and fast.

Question: whay are you not using ICS version 4.0.3--- 2.3.5 is old news. Also 2.3.6 has been out for quite some time.

Look in the Galaxy S2 thread and you will see my link and instructions to go to ICS

Enjoy and good luck

Agreed. Doing an update without a full wipe will lead to nothing but lag and bugs. Very important step.