HTC Sensation XE — After ICS, what updates will come next?

• Replies:6
Sharon Lim
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 4, 2012, 5:54:51 PM via Website

Hi All,

Just received ICS update on my Sensation XE in Malaysia. Anyone knows what any newer better updates will come next?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 4, 2012, 6:09:12 PM via Website

4.0.4 is the latest version of ICS out. No word yet on if it will be compatible with Android Jellybean.

stewart borland
  • Forum posts: 26

Apr 8, 2012, 6:05:54 PM via Website

After all the waiting for ICS I'm wondering if you're joking about the next big change.... it's a long long time away :blink:

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 10, 2012, 11:39:17 AM via Website

@Stewart. Actually, judging from the past, Google likes to announce new OS waayyy in advance of their commercial release. I bet we'll start seeing inklings of the next big update soon.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 10, 2012, 6:26:41 PM via Website

IMO Jelly bean is going to come too soon. Not even half of the devices have ICS yet, and they are already talking about jelly bean. These manufacturers and carriers need to do a better job getting us these updates.

stewart borland
  • Forum posts: 26

Apr 10, 2012, 9:10:41 PM via Website

Steven Blum
@Stewart. Actually, judging from the past, Google likes to announce new OS waayyy in advance of their commercial release. I bet we'll start seeing inklings of the next big update soon.

Ah yes, inklings.... but no Jellybean on our phones for a long time I'd guess!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 12, 2012, 5:22:05 PM via Website

You never know! Lets just wait and see what the new Nexus phone will be, as when thats released developers can start cooking up ROMS for rooted users :)