Backup with CWM

• Replies:2
Flo
  • Forum posts: 41

Apr 5, 2012, 10:31:05 PM via App

Hi guys,

If I make a backup with cwm and I flash another ROM to my phone, is it possible to flash the backup back? I often use cwm to make a backup but only to test a different version of the same ROM. Sorry for the question but I do not like to make a fault!

Flo

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 10, 2012, 11:55:09 AM via Website

That's the whole point of CWM. Any rom you backup can be restored, though certain things that may or may not be relevant; In the case of my phone(xperia arc) and most others, if you use different kernels(e.g. MIUI, CM9/7 etc.) then the one you're running when you backup a rom must be the one you're running when you restore, otherwise you'll get anything from no connectivity to bootloops.

Sinkster

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 14, 2012, 5:57:49 PM via Website

Sinclair M.
That's the whole point of CWM. Any rom you backup can be restored, though certain things that may or may not be relevant; In the case of my phone(xperia arc) and most others, if you use different kernels(e.g. MIUI, CM9/7 etc.) then the one you're running when you backup a rom must be the one you're running when you restore, otherwise you'll get anything from no connectivity to bootloops.

Exactly this.