Trying to Sync Outlook with Samsung Replenish M580

• Replies:5
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 22, 2012, 8:16:07 AM via Website

I was using Samsung PC Studio 3 to sync my phone, but it keeps saying that the MTP mode and to set it to PCStudio mode in the USB setting.
Well, in the USB window there is no option for settings. It only shows the Charging, Mass Storage and Ask on connection options. nothing comes up when I hit the menu key either.
I heard there was a problem after the recent upgrade sent from Samsung, does anyone know about this and is there a fix?
Thanks

Amanda Clark
  • Forum posts: 51

Apr 23, 2012, 10:44:28 AM via Website

Hi there,

On Samsung phones the only connection options when mounting USB are as MTP mode or in camera mode. You should be able to connect with PC Studio when using the MTP mode.

Are you getting some type of error when using this mode or is it just not recognizing the phone?

Deactivated Account

Apr 23, 2012, 11:55:27 PM via Website

The phone is recognized but I get the message "The phone is connected in MTP Mode". It says I need to trrun off the MTP mode and switch to USB mode.
When I go to the USB connection screen it is supposed to have an option to change the mode but it is not there. nothing comes up when I hit the menu .

Amanda Clark

Apr 24, 2012, 3:25:52 PM via Website

When you go to the USB screen, is there an option that pops up when you hit the menu button?

Deactivated Account

Apr 24, 2012, 8:22:35 PM via Website

No,,, that't the issue... nothing happens when I press the menu key on that screen. I was reading somewhere else that afte the last upgrade that Samsung sent, there was some talk that there were some issues ?
Thanks
Paul

Amanda Clark

Apr 25, 2012, 11:23:18 AM via Website

Are you running 2.3.3?