OTA Update while rooted w/ clockwork recovery mod

• Replies:5
Marcus Halberstram
  • Forum posts: 2

May 8, 2012, 1:55:10 PM via Website

I rooted my phone and flashed clockwork recovery mod onto it. I received an OTA update to my device, but when it restarted to install the update, clockwork recovery came on and there was nothing listed in the updates folder.

Anyone ever have this problem or know the resolution to it?

Thanks

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 9, 2012, 5:54:38 PM via Website

Thats odd. Exactly which phone do you have, and how did you root it? Normally, installing an OTA update can in many cases (not all) cause you to lose root, so you have to be careful.

— modified on May 9, 2012, 5:55:20 PM

Marcus Halberstram
  • Forum posts: 2

May 9, 2012, 5:58:10 PM via Website

I have a TMobile G2X that I rooted with oneclick. I flashed clockworkmod onto it before installing a rom (muiu or something) but have since used clockworkmod to restore the original rom (still rooted). I am trying to install the OTA update that tmobile put out for my phone, but it keeps going to clockworkmod recovery instead of stock recovery.

Edward Guyer
  • Forum posts: 1

May 17, 2012, 7:48:42 PM via Website

I am having the same issue and to the same model phone. It seems the update is possibly flashing the firmware and it is somehow calling the Clockworkmod rom manager?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 5:55:35 PM via Website

Hmm..weird. Maybe you guys should try uninstalling ROM Manager, and using the app "Quickboot" to reboot to recovery instead.

John Caulkins
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 4:21:14 PM via Website

Just updated my rooted phone lg e739 Mytouch 4g and have the exact same problem..I went to restore as well it went through the motions then booted back up to clockwork mod. Considering wipe data/factory reset but i've never done it before, the only thing i've done since rooting it was to DL a tethering app for when i'm on the road and need internet.