Restore TouchWiz30Launcher after uninstalling

• Replies:4
Fury
  • Forum posts: 3

May 22, 2012, 9:51:08 AM via Website

Hello all,

I have done something really stupid. I accidently deleted the Samsung Startpage program Touchwiz30launcher with Root uninstaller. Now my mobile wont "boot" anymore and is stuck at the samsung banner after turning it on.

Luckily a friend of mine has the same mobile and I backed-up Touchwiz30launcher.apk, copied it to my SD-card, renamed it to zip before and tried to install it with the Start/Menu/Volume-up combination in recovery mode. Unfortunately it gave me an "Installation aborted" message.

Kies isnt much of a help since it only checks the firmware version but doesnt allow a complete reinstallation of the firmware - so for Kies everything is ok. Maybe a future update of the firmware would allow to fix it but until then...? Also wiping cant fix anything obviously

Does anybody know how to get the touchwiz30launcher back on my mobile? Keep in mind, I cant even turn it on so it would have to be from the recovery console. Help would be highly appreciated:(

Thanks

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 3:39:57 PM via Website

Im assuming your device is rooted? If yes, do this:

• Download a file manager that lets you edit system files. I recommend this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm&feature=search_result

• Then go to the apk you have, long press on it and press "copy".
  • Go into settings on the File Manager app and tick "root explorer" and "mount system folders".
  • Then take the apk file and paste it into system-apps.
  • Reboot your phone, and hopefully it should then already be installed as a system app.

Let me know how it goes.

— modified on May 22, 2012, 3:40:31 PM

Fury

May 23, 2012, 8:34:29 AM via Website

Hello Eric

thanks for your swift reply. Yes the phone is rooted.

I have one question though... I cant get passed the boot screen. The mobile is stuck during boot at the samsung screen. I asume the touchwiz30launcher app somehow acts like gnomeshell in linux meaning, I cant download or install anything. Everything I "can" do has do be done from the recovery screen (install upgrade from sdcard/wipe/wipe cache)... How can I reinstall the touchwiz30launcher.apk from this recovery screen?

Thanks in advance

Fury

May 25, 2012, 2:23:05 PM via Website

Hey there... I "fixed" it...

I downloaded and installed this ROM according to those instructions --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1652866:smile:

I would have prefered the Samsung ROM, but how to get it...

Hope that will help someone else in the future

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 6, 2012, 2:51:47 PM via Website

Fury
Hey there... I "fixed" it...

I downloaded and installed this ROM according to those instructions --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1652866:smile:

I would have prefered the Samsung ROM, but how to get it...

Hope that will help someone else in the future

Wait..you prefer a Samsung touchwiz ROM you mean, or stock Android ICS?