CallMom - A Mobile Virtual Assistant

• Replies:3
Richard S Wallace
  • Forum posts: 2

May 25, 2012, 10:01:28 PM via Website

Hello, I'm writing to introduce myself to your community. I have worked in the chatbots field developing artificial intelligence characters for the past 17 years. My bot ALICE has won the Loebner Prize, an annual Turing Test, three times. Chatbots have been used for many applications but remained a niche product for many years. Last year however Apple did us all a favor by introducing Siri. Now we no longer have to explain what a chatbot is, we just say it's like a Siri-style Virtual Asssiatnt. Subsequent to the Siri release, we had a number of companies developing Android, iPhone and Blackberry Virtual Assistants that all connected to our Pandorabots server for natural language responses. At that point we decided to create our own app and I delved into Android development.

We've now released CallMom as a free app on the Google Play market. When we analyzed the logs of queries people made to their Virtual Assistant apps, we discovered that the most common request was "call mom", so we picked that name for our app. CallMom has several features that distinguish it from other VA apps. It is based on a number of user-selectable chatbot personalities that have been developed over the past decade. The A.I. knowledge base of CallMom is an open source project on Google Code, making it far more customizable and flexible than other VA apps. It has a learning capability as well.

I'm here because I'd like to learn more about promoting our app. We've had positive feedback from the users so far, but we'd really like to get more people using CallMom. If anyone has ideas about promoting android apps, getting editor reviews, bloggers who might be interested, or anything else that could help, I would really appreciate hearing from you!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 6, 2012, 2:27:22 PM via Website

Welcome to our forums!

Have you ever considered getting an official AndroidPIT app review?

Richard S Wallace
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 6, 2012, 4:32:44 PM via Website

How do I request a review?

yantram virtual
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 1:12:06 PM via Website

CallMom is a mobile voice-activated personal assistant Services use.

Visit us : www.virtual-assistants.outsourcing-services-india.com