Issues modding G1

• Replies:2
Matt Newman
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 5:31:53 PM via Website

Hi, I've been having bad lock with phones lately and had to go back to my G1. I want to install a better rom on it so I looked for some instructions and I'm following these, wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Dream:Rooting. I downgraded to RC29 and everything went smooth. I downloaded the telnet and installed Amon_Ra's Recovery and got the # # confirmation. I downloaded Amon_Ra's radio zip copied it to the sd card and powered off the phone. when i reboot in recovery mode i hit alt+L and it says:

Android system recovery utility
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

when I hit Alt+S to apply the sdcard:update.zip it says

Instslling from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted.

I really dont know where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Casper Young
  • Forum posts: 8

Sep 30, 2012, 2:23:58 AM via App

I now have 2 htc g1s. one has 1.6 firmware with a RC-30 build#. I can't even get it to downgrade to RC-29. the screen cracked (again) and I liked it enough to buy a new one. I is unlocked at RC-29, yet has 1.0 firmware. I am having same problems loading from SD card. I have lots of questions..
1 Do I need a platform? such as an Android SDK. Java EE. Or does it just need to be loaded onto an SD card and applied from there.
2 I have been over at least 5 sets of instructions, ( XDA, Android forums, Wikipedia, ect) yet none seem to work and each has a slightly different method.
A REAL step by step would be nice.