No Killing the Games Running in Background

• Replies:2
Dogukan
  • Forum posts: 13

Sep 4, 2012, 5:22:27 AM via Website

I know that Android OS is designed to kill applications that are running in the background to make more memory but this is killing all the multitasking feature.
For example; I am using HTC EVO 3D with 4.0.3. I am playing Asphalt 7 and lets say I close the app by pressing the home button in the middle of the race. Then I open Google Chrome, check my mails for 1-2 minutes and when I go back to Asphalt, the game starts from the beggining and the race is gone, that is not multitasking. I think this is the only feature that I'm jealous of iOS. I tested the same thing on iPhone 4 with the same game Asphalt 7, iOS did start the game from where I left it.
My question is, is there a way on Android to make the background games stay there when you come back to the game?

— modified on Sep 8, 2012, 11:09:36 AM

Dogukan

Sep 23, 2012, 5:03:45 AM via Website

Dogukan
I know that Android OS is designed to kill applications that are running in the background to make more memory but this is killing all the multitasking feature.
For example; I am using HTC EVO 3D with 4.0.3. I am playing Asphalt 7 and lets say I close the app by pressing the home button in the middle of the race. Then I open Google Chrome, check my mails for 1-2 minutes and when I go back to Asphalt, the game starts from the beggining and the race is gone, that is not multitasking. I think this is the only feature that I'm jealous of iOS. I tested the same thing on iPhone 4 with the same game Asphalt 7, iOS did start the game from where I left it.
My question is, is there a way on Android to make the background games stay there when you come back to the game?

Lol nobody answered... Anyway, I searched a bit and saw that a lot of people are frustrated with their ONE X's multitasking as it always closes background apps almost immediatly. Take a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646409

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-x-multitasking-problem-apps-killed-off-86498/

I'm guessing since I'm running a dumbed down version of Sense 4, I'm thinking this "aggresive memory management" thing is also there on Sense 3.6.
Well, bummer. I suppose I'll get a Nexus 2 when it comes out.

Dogukan

Sep 23, 2012, 6:06:00 AM via App

Dogukan
Dogukan

Lol nobody answered... Anyway, I searched a bit and saw that a lot of people are frustrated with their ONE X's multitasking as it always closes background apps almost immediatly. Take a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646409

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-x-multitasking-problem-apps-killed-off-86498/

I'm guessing since I'm running a dumbed down version of Sense 4, I'm thinking this "aggresive memory management" thing is also there on Sense 3.6.
Well, bummer. I suppose I'll get a Nexus 2 when it comes out.

Wohoo scratch that last part about Nexus 2. Just rooted my Evo 3D, installed ROM Toolbox, under Performance i choose Auto Memory Manager, and choose 'Mild' from presets and checked 'Apply on Boot' and thats it! I can now text, play Asphalt 7, use chrome to check my mail, all apps continue from where I left off. I didnt try to see how far can I go before the phone starts killing apps but I'm guessing I can open many apps lol :D
This rooting business, i like it. With Android, there isnt much of a thing that you cant do, there are things that you just dont know how to do it yet.