Google Galaxy Nexus — Galaxy Nexus Won't Charge

• Replies:55
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 10, 2012, 2:50:09 PM via Website

I'm actually posting this a bit late, as I've already been sent a replacement Galaxy Nexus. Basically, my old phone simply stopped charging, and I'm pretty sure it was a problem with the port. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did you also have to replace your phone?

Dustin Mayeszhoucy

marchino
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 11:18:27 PM via Website

I had the same problem. I found the fix online - took 1 minute. The USB port and plug were not making good contact. I could run the phone on power from the charger, but it would not actually charge.

Look inside the USB port and you will see a "tab" there. Lever this up gently (after removing the battery) towards the centre of the port.

That fixed it for me. BTW. my phone is less than nine months old!

I find some of the newer plugs and sockets are just not engineered well - I've had the same problem with HDMI on my TV.

Дмитрий Ф.Diego PomaresjanieohioBama BobDustin MayesKris CarlonPramod KarthikeyansurkhMike SziedeMikkel KjærPhilippe LangevinBilalClark TaylorJinu Vijaysean leahyGavin MazeyIllen Amor

Illen Amor

Dec 7, 2012, 9:51:45 AM via Website

I registered on here JUST so I'd be able to upvote and thank marchino on the pro tip that you had to adjust the inside contact tab in the middle of the micro usb port. Thanks so much, saved my night and my wallet :P

Rohan Sabharwal

Dec 17, 2012, 9:11:54 PM via Website

Thanks Marchino! I to registered just so that I could thank you:)

BPJ

Dec 21, 2012, 4:00:30 PM via Website

i also made an account to thank you as well Marchino!
really saved my chrismas break

Patrick Corrigan

Dec 21, 2012, 6:41:01 PM via Website

Thank you soooo much...tears of happiness!

Gavin Mazey

Jan 5, 2013, 10:40:10 PM via Website

Thanks marchino you made my day, maybe month! was about to buy another verizon nexus when all mine needed was a little port bending:grin:

sean leahy

Jan 10, 2013, 1:38:21 AM via Website

Thanks marchino, your a hero . only signed up to thank you .

emily khaty
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 10, 2013, 10:42:54 AM via Website

I haven't had any charging issues. Maybe someone else has. I CAN drain the battery while charging if i have hotspot turned on while maxing out download speeds on 4g. A 750ma charger just couldn't push it fast enough!
houston-heaters.com/

— modified on Jan 12, 2013, 11:33:09 AM

Weirsy

Jan 10, 2013, 5:29:45 PM via Website

Thanks Marchino!

I was skeptical but this worked perfect.

John Holland

Feb 25, 2013, 11:33:13 PM via Website

Marchino is the man! I'm another satisfied customer.

TeachK

Apr 30, 2013, 4:25:30 AM via Website

Another Marchino fan! You saved my phone!! Now I can go teach kindergarten tomorrow and still check personal emails at lunch. Woo hooo! Thanks, Marchino!!

Valencian Orange

Jun 1, 2013, 1:02:37 PM via Website

Go Marchino. Thank you. Joined this forum just to say that.

— modified on Jun 1, 2013, 1:03:21 PM

Narayanan Nair

Jun 2, 2013, 4:10:44 AM via Website

THAAAAAANXXXXXXXXXX A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT MARCHINO!!!!!!!!!! U SAVED MY DAY AND MY MONEY!!!!!!! I REALLY APPROACHED A SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER AND THEY ASKED ME TO CHANGE THE "SUB PBA".......F***K THAT!!!! THAAANKING U A MILLION TIMES :lol:

Biscornus

Jun 2, 2013, 12:36:28 PM via Website

Thanks !

I think your method is working !

Kòy Xấu Xí

Jun 4, 2013, 9:16:16 AM via Website

Thank you soooo much...tears of happiness! i like galaxy for android

Robert Smigielski

Jun 7, 2013, 3:55:45 PM via Website

Thanks! I did the adjustment to the phone micro USB connector with a fine blade electronics screw driver and got the male connector to the center of the port. Now the device charges properly!

Rick Hansen

Jun 22, 2013, 4:11:01 AM via Website

hey i have a galaxy nexus as well, and one day i was charging it and it wouldnt charge, it would just maintain. then one day it just died. i got a new battery and it would work but wont charge, just maintain.
i was reading your message and i dont uderstand it, i was hoping if you can tell me in a better way? thanks

Jinu Vijay

Jun 26, 2013, 8:22:27 PM via Website

Another like ... another registration on this site ... just for another commend. Thanks for the tip. It helped big time.

Jowancka Mintz

Jun 29, 2013, 3:19:19 AM via Website

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... Marchino You have saved my sanity!!!!!

Yasir Ali

Jul 2, 2013, 5:41:03 PM via Website

thanks alot>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thank uuuuuuuu very very much .. u saved my voilet... :)

Doug C

Jul 4, 2013, 7:58:43 PM via Website

Brilliant! Thanks so much.

Bilal

Jul 5, 2013, 11:58:46 AM via Website

Marchino, ppl like you make these forums insanely helpful. Another registration just to thank you!

john z

Jul 7, 2013, 6:39:18 PM via Website

Thanks as well!! You are saving a lot of ppl's cell phones lol

Nancy Chincholi

Jul 10, 2013, 11:36:19 PM via Website

What are you using to lever up the tab ?

Luca Gasparini

Jul 11, 2013, 11:58:50 AM via Website

Another thanks to marchino.. save my day... and my phone!! :)

ghoda1

Jul 13, 2013, 11:52:07 PM via Website

OMG thank you so much!!!! I join specifically to thank you. This really worked for me. Now i need to work out if theres a problem with the antenna :s

Mikkel Kjær

Jul 17, 2013, 10:13:25 AM via Website

Marchino - Hero!

I have just one addition. I expected, that I only had to pry it a little bit. But after my second attempt, and really getting in there, I succeded. I actually rased both my arms in victory like a Tour de France stage winner. <3

Mike

-- Update --

After doing this, I've experienced, that I might have to do it again, after som time.

— modified on Jul 17, 2013, 10:21:37 AM

Mike Sziede

Jul 17, 2013, 5:55:52 PM via Website

Another "regged just to thank marchino" post here.

Thanks! Lifesaver!

CMCino

Jul 23, 2013, 5:16:53 PM via Website

I had this problem yesterday, and thought I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone today. Fortunately, I had a couple spare batteries to use in the mean time. I decided to look online to see if other people were having problems, and I came across this. Thank you Marchino! You solved my problem, and saved me tons of money! :grin:

Tizzy TaYo

Aug 5, 2013, 4:31:40 AM via Website

marchino
I had the same problem. I found the fix online - took 1 minute. The USB port and plug were not making good contact. I could run the phone on power from the charger, but it would not actually charge.

Look inside the USB port and you will see a "tab" there. Lever this up gently (after removing the battery) towards the centre of the port.

That fixed it for me. BTW. my phone is less than nine months old!

I find some of the newer plugs and sockets are just not engineered well - I've had the same problem with HDMI on my TV.
this worked for me thanks :)

Alexandr Yurich
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 8, 2013, 4:06:00 PM via Website

Thank you, your method really helped me!

Kristina Booker

Aug 10, 2013, 2:07:53 AM via Website

Marchino, sir, you are absolutely a life saver!!! Thank you so much. I know that it was a really easy fix, but my brain just doesn't think of things like that and I just panic. Anyways, I did exactly what you said to do, and BAM.. I have a running working nexus again! Thank you and God Bless you! :)

Elian Gonzales

Aug 15, 2013, 1:59:55 AM via Website

is the USB port the little box the wire or in the phone? please help me mine just stopped charging and i just got it

Ian Frémont

Aug 23, 2013, 12:34:28 AM via Website

March ! you are the best !

Jose peso

Aug 26, 2013, 4:18:16 PM via Website

I literally just slowly adjusted the tab in my micro USB port and it worked. The phone charged while powered on but as soon as I unplugged it the charging symbol no longer appears again. Can SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME I TRIED IT ONCE NOW IT DOESN'T CHARGE AGAIN WHAT SHOULD I DO. Readjust it? Is it possible that I adjusted it to far?

Lacy Wilkinson

Oct 13, 2013, 7:41:28 AM via Website

Yes yes yes !! :-) thank you marchino good call my friend

Pramod Karthikeyan

Oct 27, 2013, 7:59:33 AM via Website

Thanks a Lot Marchino! you helped me save my phone! i registered to thank you!

Gagandeep Singh

Nov 24, 2013, 12:25:22 AM via Website

Thank you dude. You saved me :)
and i also registered just to thank you :)

Dustin Mayes

Dec 5, 2013, 2:18:04 AM via Website

Like everyone else, signed up here just to say thanks and +1 marchino's fix. This saved me some headaches. I almost put my SIM in my KRAZR. My KRAZR! I actually was quite impressed it charged after all this time. +1 KRAZR's.

— modified on Dec 5, 2013, 2:18:48 AM

Bama Bob

Dec 22, 2013, 7:11:18 PM via Website

You are the MAN! I had already looked up price of a new battery and would have ordered one if I had not found this fix!
I bent the tab up just a tad, and charges fine now. Before, it would only charge if the device was turned off, and even then, it was barely charging (all night only added about 20% to the battery).

I think gently is the key word here. If you break it, you're screwed.

There probably aren't that many people with this phone anymore, but this should apply to any microUSB connection.
They won't even put KitKat on mine because it's over 18 months old (that's some BS in my opinion). I don't see why I should have to spend $400 on a new phone every 18 months, when I am perfectly happy with this one.

mark baldwin

Jan 2, 2014, 5:23:38 PM via Website

Thank you, I actually went out and bought a spare battery and charger for my Nexus but I tried this fix and it worked. I cannot thank you enough for this...........
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alicelewis
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 16, 2014, 9:20:05 PM via Website

Your problem is that your Galaxy nexus won't Charge but i have the bad news that and very worry about that last night , my Galaxy Nexus LCD broken and now any one told me what i to because i so worry about that...........

janieohio

Jan 19, 2014, 5:59:50 AM via Website

Thank you, thank you! This is the second device this has happened to for us and my husband went into freak out mode. I tried the trick above and voila! And I got the extra benefit of fixing my husband's electronic, once again proving that I am the mistress of all things technical in our house. Thanks for the help!

Mario

Feb 3, 2014, 9:30:34 PM via Website

Thanks for the helpful post. I was able to fix my problem in about one minute.

Liza Jenifer
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 13, 2014, 4:31:37 PM via Website

problem of charging about galaxy nexus is same with me. i am also worry about that,, this charging problem in galaxy nexus i think from company or may be some lucky users got like that hahh. like me.. i m one of the user who have this .i think lucky, hahah

jocelyn vertz

Feb 26, 2014, 9:55:24 PM via Website

My boyfriend is having charging issues with his Samsung galaxy nexus. we have fixed the usb/charging port on past occasions as described earlier in this forum and it went back to charging after that. Unfortunately this does not seem to help in this case. It wont charge at all either on or off. i have used the original charger, other chargers, plugged it into the wall , plugged it into the computer and nothing seems to get it to charge. Any thoughts?

Cleveland White

Mar 19, 2014, 2:38:50 AM via Website

Another individual who took marchino's advice and executed it with success. Definitely saved me money time and a headache. Thanks your the man.

springday

Sep 14, 2014, 3:55:52 AM via Website

Thank you Marchino -- you saved me a weekend worrying about this! And a trip somewhere to see if they could fix it!! (Why do these things always happen on a weekend night, when nothing is open?) I'm so glad you posted this--real lifesaver!! Best wishes!:)(*):)(*):)