Apple Hits Samsung Through HTC

• Replies:5
Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Nov 11, 2012, 5:30:51 PM via Website

So Apple and HTC have reached a licensing deal that allows HTC 10 years to use scroll bounce, universal search, slide to unlock and other, as yet, unknown features. Anyone else think this is just a clever way to strike at Samsung? I'm willing to bet Samsung will never have access to that kind of licensing from Apple. Universal search alone would be enough to get me to seriously consider HTC over Samsung. I'm telling you..... Apple is up to no good here :angry:

Kyle Gordy
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 12, 2012, 6:11:22 AM via Website

Apple is losing one lawsuit after another, courts see so many litigation filed by Apple it is getting harder to take them seriously. HTC is a small fish but they also do hold quite a bit of patents that Apple need, and HTC needs some of Apple's patents. This is a trade that is beneficial to both companies. Plus HTC would be able to take some of Samsung business because they are both Android machines, the enemy of my enemy is my friend applies I guess. Apple can now concentrate on the big fish, Samsung, as a double whammy.

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Nov 12, 2012, 11:49:49 AM via Website

So far, I haven't seen any details of traded licenses. Just a settlement that gives HTC rights. I don't doubt you're right and the "enemy of my enemy" was the motivation.

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

Dec 16, 2012, 5:51:41 AM via Website

Apple wants to take down the samsung in possible way.

vick sarkis
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 16, 2012, 8:38:46 AM via Website

honestly when has apple been up to good ????

Nancy Brown
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 17, 2012, 11:56:00 AM via Website

apple is restricting the use of those common features for users who don't have apple, their sales will go down dont you worry android all the way