how to connect to wireless printer?

• Replies:4
Carol Hall
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 18, 2012, 4:48:31 PM via Website

Can't connect to printer with cloud print. :-)

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Nov 19, 2012, 1:05:02 AM via Website

I don't know how cloud print works but I print through a manufacturers app for a printer with wifi capability. I know that's not the answer to your question but it's an alternative method. Good luck!

Geoffrey S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 6, 2013, 11:38:27 AM via App

first question is, do you have access to your Google account from a pc? the first step is to connect your wireless printer to your personal LAN. this was the most difficult step for me because I don't have dial up and therefore couldn't set up a wireless router. there's a way around that, if you need it, too. once your printer is connected to your network, you then need to connect it using cloud print, to your Google account. you do this from your Google account settings> advanced settings> cloud print. when you can find it, you need only click the cloud print link and follow the instructions. once the printer is connected to your Google account, you then need to go into the apps you want to print from and connect those apps to the specific printer in cloud print. even your mobile device will appear as one of the available printers so you can "print" stuff to your phone. start with connecting your printer to your personal network and go from there. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread in case you run into problems. all the best.

— modified on Jan 7, 2013, 12:23:32 AM

Scaproc
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 6, 2013, 6:36:01 PM via Website

It sounds so complicated to do this.
Probably it is easier to copy the things you wanted to print to you PC, and then print it.

Tony Harvey
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 5:01:57 PM via Website

Hi
I just bought a Samsung CLP 365W laser printer withy the intention of printing directly from my Samsung S2 phone. I dont have a PC or wifi network. It now seems as though this can't be done, I cannot manage to get the two devices to see each other even though they both supposedly support wireless WPS. Anybody know if it is actually possible and if so how!
Thanks