How to i set up android development environment

• Replies:4
Atharv Patil
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 3:51:06 AM via Website

I am really confused about setting up the android development environment. Whether i just download android ADT and get started, or should i first get eclipse for mobile developers + the android sdk and then install adt. Any answer is appreciated.

duc nguyen
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 25, 2013, 1:33:01 PM via Website

very detail:
developer.android.com/tools/index.html

Jeff C.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 9:00:59 PM via Website

I strongly recommend you download 'the bundle' from the Android Developer site. You can read about it here - ://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/bundle.html . This avoids having to go through intricate installation routines - you finish up with Eclipse that is primed with the ADT, and ready to go.

Then, in my view, it is essential for anyone moving to android for the first time to work through all the lessons detailed here - ://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html. This will answer most of the questions you have about the development environment, the ADT/Eclipse user interface, and how to create and manage project development.

Don't waste your money on buying books on Android yet - they will almost certainly be out of date (even those published late 2012), and will only confuse you. Wait until you are proficient in the basics (by following the above lessons) before investing in books. Having said that, books on Java and XML you may find useful. There is an excellent, very readable, book (over 600 pages) on Java that can be downloaded for free from here - ://math.hws.edu/eck/cs124/downloads/javanotes5-linked.pdf. I thoroughly recommend this to everyone - beginner or not.

Note - I've had to leave out the h t t p from the front of my links as, being a new user I am prevented from posting links :angry:

I hope this helps. Have fun!

christusvalerian
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 4, 2013, 9:30:33 AM via Website

You can go this link to get start with Android environment

//www.vogella.com/articles/Android/article.html

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Feb 4, 2013, 12:25:19 PM via Website

Set the java environment path.

download the android S.D.K.

Download the eclipse

add plugin in eclipse(help-install new software-than paste the link from android side)

set the path of android S.D.k.

create the a.v.d.

play with it.

cheers

if any problem let me know.