11 interesting ways to use your Android smartphone

• Replies:8
Ngoc Ho
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 26, 2012, 7:39:25 AM via Website

Hi all,

Android smartphones are great for e-mail, text messaging, Web browsing, and voice calls, but the apps are really what make them killer devices.
You've probably used apps to check the weather forecast, read your Twitter timeline, post your Facebook status, and more. But did you know you can use an Android smartphone to measure noise levels, solve Sudoku puzzles, tune a guitar or print without internet connection?
Here are 11 novel uses for your Android smartphone:

1. Measure your heart rate with your Android phone >> Instant Heart Rate.
Believe it or not, if you have an Android phone with a camera, you can measure your heart rate with it.
2. Control computers remotely with your Android phone >> TeamViewer.
3. Solve Sudoku puzzles using >> Google Goggles
4. Print directly to printer without internet conection >> StarPrint
5. Measure noise with your Android phone
We'll show you how you can turn your phone into a noise meter by some free apps >> Sound Meter
6. Use your Android phone to quit smoking
If you've quit smoking a thousand times, let Android help you quit for the last time >> Quit Smoking
7. Tune a guitar with your Android phone
Don't be left with an out-of-tune guitar ever again. We'll show you how to tune a guitar with your Android phone >> gStrings Free
8. Use your Android phone as a flashlight
The bright LEDs (sometimes dual LEDs) for Android cameras make them great little flashlights. HTC includes a flashlight app by default, while Motorola makes its available for download. There are several other free flashlight apps available from the Android Market.
9. Track earthquakes with Android devices >> Earthquake Alert
Have you ever felt something and asked yourself, "Was that an earthquake?" If you have an Android device, you can track earthquakes easily with a couple of simple apps.
10. Use your Android phone as a cordless mouse and keyboard
An Android app called RemoteDroid allows Android smartphones to become wireless computer touch pads and keyboards. We'll show you how to get it up and running.
11. Use your Android phone as timer or stopwatch
Some Android phones come with a stopwatch and timer, but if yours didn't, there are many free stopwatch/timer apps available from the Android Market.
That's it. In what novel or oddball ways have you used your Android phone? Let's show us now
Wish you Merry Xmas & Happy new year (~_~)

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Dec 31, 2012, 3:31:48 PM via Website

9. Track earthquakes with Android devices >> Earthquake Alert

This, I use.
Actually, it is default in most phone in Japan.

Scaproc
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 5, 2013, 2:39:20 PM via Website

I have met another interesting application of smartphones.
The guy gad Galaxy Note and he told that it is posible to use it like snow scrapper to clean snow from the car.

Indium Indeed
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 13, 2013, 11:17:44 AM via Website

I am often using text to speech to read books while driving car.

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 21, 2013, 11:04:39 AM via Website

There are apps that helps you to even sleep at your workplace. Didn't remember the name of that app but it makes sound like you are using keyboard and mouse. :grin:

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Apr 11, 2013, 8:04:28 PM via Website

— modified on Apr 11, 2013, 8:05:45 PM

HowDoYouAndroid.com

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Apr 11, 2013, 8:05:10 PM via Website

Scaproc
I have met another interesting application of smartphones.
The guy gad Galaxy Note and he told that it is posible to use it like snow scrapper to clean snow from the car.

Lol! Nice... tried it yet? How's the note doing at this point?

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Matthew Manners
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 15, 2013, 1:54:02 PM via Website

When I first saw the title I imagined someone using it as a door stopper.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Apr 15, 2013, 3:55:55 PM via Website

Coaster is another good option. Limitless potential! That's why I love Android ;)

HowDoYouAndroid.com