- Forum posts: 1
Dec 27, 2012, 7:19:05 PM via Website
Dec 27, 2012 7:19:05 PM via Website
To give a start ,I’m new to Android world. I’ve bought Micromax A87 about 2 weeks ago and like others even I tried to Root the phone for
better performance, unfortunately I was unable to do. Please see below for the steps I followed and would require your expertise help to
rectify/resolve. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your Support.
1. Initially I installed Gingerbreak v1.2 to phone & tried to Root, USB debugging was enabled and SD card was mounted, I rooted but ultimate result was not successful ( Rootiing was in process) and later I realized that in order to view USB debugging connected in Android, USB Theatring should be enabled in phone and this process was failure.
2. Have downloaded java JDK 64 bit, Android SDK, Unlock root exe, Adb_usb_ini, and Micromax A87 drivers (from micromax website)
3. Tried to Root using Unlock root v3, displayed a waring message “Device already rooted, do you want to root” I rooted and it asked to install Batery saver and Super user App, I’ve installed both of them to phone, and the phone was booted automatically, my question here is I can see the Super user App , but when I checked in Root checker it displayed “ Device does not have proper root access” I realized this is not completely rooted, later I installed Titanium backup but throwed an error “ I did not acquire Root privilege” then it got confirmed device is not rooted properly.
4. Even checked with Superone click, however at step # 7 it has stopped ( awaiting sheel root permission) and didn’t moved further.
5. I tried to UnRoot using Unlock root exe, but it stops at “ adb Sheel root pemisson this may take several minutes” waited for about 10 mins but noting happened.
6. Do we need to partition SD card OR the App Swapper and Swapper2 will do. ( pl guide how to Partion SD card)
Mates please help me, can I Re-root again, OR do I need to Unroot first and then Re-Root. Also advice which method to follow for Root and Unroot.