Which tablet for Java Game developement/deployment ?

• Replies:1
PineApple
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 3:56:20 AM via Website

Hello Developers. I wrote a Java Space/ shooter type game about 8 years ago before phones and tablets were available. The game is fun to play, and friends kept encouraging me to share it with others. So now I would like to develop it for a Tablet PC. My code compiles in the Eclipse IDE. So I want to deploy it to a tablet. From what I can gather on the web, if you you want to write games for the tablet using Java, then the Android tablet is the platform of choice.

So if this is true, can someone recommend a good tablet pc to purchase for Java Game developement? Preferably a bigger screen is best for what I need.

I have programmed for the windows phone,except Microsoft is still trying to figure things out. So either The Android or MAC is the tablet I would like to buy. I just want to know which one is best for my Java type game.

Can someone give me some advice on the best table to buy?

Rock Denim
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 21, 2013, 7:28:36 AM via Website

Mobile games dominate the top 10 paid app charts on the App Store, as well as the top grossing apps, with the larger mobile game studios like Funzio raking in over $5 million per month. At the same time smaller games developers are carving out niches within the mobile app market that can be extremely lucrative. With the power of social distribution and viral game play, mobile games developers can quickly reach huge customer bases very rapidly.