Game Developer - Hello everyone

• Replies:7
Daniel Petersen
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 6, 2013, 8:46:59 AM via Website

Hello, all. I have been developing games for about two years now and they are getting better and better. I have a lot of fun coding and hope to make a living from it someday. Android is a brutal market place and I have been forced to learn a lot about marketing too. Its been a learning experience and a I'm glad to have been stretched. Anyways I'm excited to see where technology ends up in the following years. Android has tons of potential for good and bad so it will at least be interesting.

— modified on Jan 6, 2013, 8:47:24 AM

Scaproc
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 6, 2013, 7:19:19 PM via Website

Hello.
The last month I'm thinking about the same. I have expericence on C++, and Visual C development. Very small experience.
Now I'm thinking on learning Android development. It seems like it is not an easy road.
Maybe you can give some advice for beginner like me?

Daniel Petersen
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 6, 2013, 9:22:13 PM via Website

To develop for Android you need to know Java. The actual development of games is not difficult. Everything you need to use is free and there are tons of helpful resources out there. The main problem is that once you put your app up, it is basically invisible since there are 2000 apps going onto the market every day. So to be seen you need to have a marketing plan.

I recommend learning Android development for a few reasons. 1. You'll expand your knowledge base and have experience in a new language. 2. There is no shortage of information floating around so your time spent learning is more fruitful. 3. Despite the difficult market place, there is opportunity for games that are of high quality and are diligently marketed.

I have never made money through Android and have actually lost a lot more than I got back, but I keep trying, my games keep getting better and my marketing plan keeps getting better targeted.

Check out the android developer site from google. Its easy to find and has a lot of information for beginners and more experienced developers.

Good Luck

Indium Indeed
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 13, 2013, 10:52:47 AM via Website

I would highly recommend LIBGDX for game developing on Android. It even support Iphone and HTML5 in addition.

Puzux, LLC
  • Forum posts: 19

Jan 18, 2013, 12:44:29 AM via Website

Greetings! It sounds like you are very knowledgeable in important aspects of Game Development. It is also interesting to know that Java is an important language to learn when it comes to Android Game Development.

rhemagroup
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 22, 2013, 9:32:58 PM via Website

Hello fellow developer!

Paw5 Games
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 26, 2013, 1:02:27 PM via Website

Hi Developers

I totally agree with Daniel. Developing apps is easier than marketing them. I learned this the hard way. Like
many developers I just uploaded my app and sat. You need to have a concrete marketing plan to have many downloads.

Swathi Heare
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 8, 2013, 11:24:09 AM via Website

Are you looking for Game Developer?
Hiring an ideal game developer is an important task for employers.
know more on android developer