[APP][Free] 90night- A Sleep Cycle Calculator

• Replies:2
Jonathan Nakhla
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 7, 2013, 10:39:23 PM via Website

Hey everyone!

I have developed an app that calculates the most optimal times for you to wake up based on the fact that sleeping works in cycles of 90 minutes (similar to the idea of the website sleepyti.me). That's why sometimes you might have a ton of hours of sleep yet still feel cranky (because you most likely woke up in the middle of one of your cycles).

I'm unable to post links because I am a new user (I would appreciate it if someone else did). Search 90night to find the app on the Play Store.

Features included in 90night:

• The ability to set how long it takes you to fall asleep and 90night will use that time in it's calculations
  • Support for both 12/24 hour format (with the ability to change them)
  • A night mode for using a dark theme for the app
  • Buttons to set alarms for each time (with optional confirmation box which can be enabled in the settings)

I am planning on fixing up the design for the buttons and it should look quite beautiful. If you guys want I'll post a screenshot of the proposed UI update (will start it in the next day or so). I am also planning on incorporating widgets in some way.

Thank you all and I can't wait to hear your feedback! Let me know if you have any questions, feature requests, bugs/issues, or anything else.

— modified on Jan 7, 2013, 10:39:46 PM

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Jan 8, 2013, 2:44:33 PM via Website

I like the dark design.
My problem with sleep cycle apps is that it wakes me up way to early sometimes.
Does your app let me choose a window befroe and after a certain time or will it just wake me up before the set time only?

Jonathan Nakhla
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 12, 2013, 12:56:40 PM via Website

Hey Angela I'm glad you like the dark design :]! I'm working on a UI update so expect that very soon ;D.

As for you problem, my app does have something similar (not really) to what you are describing. When it come to sleeping, it takes you about 14 minutes for you to fall asleep (this is an average and it depends for each person. The app has a setting where you can change that). Now what you're asking is a bit different; you're saying that your sleep cycles aren't 90 minutes right? You could use the "fall asleep time" that I just described in a way to make it so that your sleeping cycles are more than 90 minutes but it sounds like it would get confusing. I can make it so that users can pick their own time for sleeping cycles. What do you think? Getting user feedback is always the best help :].

— modified on Jan 12, 2013, 12:57:03 PM