Clear Call Log

• Replies:9
  • Answered
Richard S
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 16, 2013, 2:32:03 AM via Website

How do I delete calls listed in the Call Log ?

Thanks,

rs

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 16, 2013, 7:58:48 AM via App

long press individual entries and there should be an option list. Or press menu and you can delete the entire list.

Sinkster

Richard S
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 17, 2013, 6:51:33 PM via Website

Sinclair McCall
long press individual entries and there should be an option list. Or press menu and you can delete the entire list.

Oh, that Call Log !! I found two of them. One you can clear, the other you can't.

Thanks,

rs

Alan Boyer
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 11:15:57 PM via Website

On the same topic, does anyone know how I can delete multiple call log histories of the same person without having to delete the text threads at the same time as the phone call incoming/outgoing logs? I may only want to delete the complete history of one person and not the whole call log of everyone calling me!

On my old HTC MyTouch 4G, I could press and hold one of the many calls related to a person and it would give me the option of deleting ALL calls for that person. It was quick and easy, unlike the Galaxy III which is not only cumbersome but also not flexible!

I make and receive many calls to and from the same person and I want to be able to go into the call log and delete all calls relating to that person but, WITHOUT deleting their texts too! I have an SMS back-up app but I really don't want to have to go into my email account to look at an SMS thread I needed to have access to on my phone!

It seems that the only other way I can delete call logs without deleting texts is to go through each call from the same person and delete them one by one - TEDIOUS! OK, I understand that I can Select All and then un-check the ones I don;t want to delete but seriously, that could be a text thread of over a hundred messages and that is WAY too time consuming.

If anyone has a solution, including a different app suggestion, please let me know asap.

Thank you :-)
Alan

Anil Parashar

May 20, 2013, 1:01:34 PM via Website

Dear you can do this in android 2.3.6 but not available in higher version of Android.

adriana lima
  • Forum posts: 9

May 20, 2013, 3:13:49 PM via Website

Better way remove call logs by as you get Incoming/outgoing call, Simply:grin:

You can delete the Call logs by
1. simply go to call logs
2. press the option key which is on left bottom of the device.
3. Select the delete option
4. The select all option will be available at the top
5. select Select all, now every call log in the call logs window is marked
6. You can select the delete button Icon on the top
7. Press Yes/allow to remove whole call logs from the call logs list.

— modified on May 20, 2013, 3:33:11 PM

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

May 22, 2013, 4:29:52 PM via Website

Thanks that's super helpful! I will keep that in mind!

Lar fious
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 17, 2015, 4:05:06 PM via Website

In my last test, the simple deletion will not completely delete the call history and other data from your phone, it still remain on your phone and can be easily recovered by some recovery app. You need a certified data erase software that will leave the data impossible to retrieve. I have been using a software program called Safewiper (http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/delete-call-history-android-phone.html) that has worked out great. Any program like that will do a much better job at protecting your personal data and identity on your phone.

— modified on Oct 10, 2015, 10:03:35 AM

Sarah Jane

Jan 7, 2016, 2:36:32 PM via Website

:D Thanks yay i am so glad i came across this forum. Thanks for sharing. You are right it is the menu button success yay (: it took me ages to find out how to delete all call logs on this particular device i have! But thank you for your answer. Personally i appreciate it very much!

Franks taylor

Jul 21, 2016, 1:50:02 PM via Website

Hi!! If you are using android phone and want to delete call logs from it then you can make use of third party tool because simply deleting anything from your android phone does not get permanently and so there is a need to take help of third party tool. Using SafeEraser For Android, you will be easily able to delete or erase call logs from android phone.