Samsung Galaxy S2 — Transfer data with broken screen

• Replies:2
James Johnstone
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 11:48:44 PM via Website

Hi. The screen on my galaxy SII broke, and I need to transfer all of the data (apps/contacts/photos) onto my mac before I send it off to be repaired. Although I did sync it with Kies, that was a long time ago, and there is a lot of new information that I need to take off.

The screen is broken, but the phone itself still functions. i.e. it will vibrate when turned on and off, and the hot keys illuminate at the bottom. However, in order to transfer the information through Kies, I need to unlock the phone through the screen, which is now impossible. Unfortunately, I also didn't back stuff up through my google account.

Any suggestions!

sdyu
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 14, 2017, 7:12:15 AM via Website

rttra

Actually, there're many methods to backup samsung galaxy phone data to computer, and an android file transfer app could transfer data from phone to computer even when your screen is broken.
i know an app works great, but you need to have enabled usb debugging on your phone

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Feb 15, 2017, 9:34:01 AM via Website

To transfer all of the data (apps/contacts/photos) from Samsung galaxy SII with broken screen onto your mac, you can use Samsung mobile manager tool via USB connecting cord.

— modified on Feb 16, 2017, 4:07:13 AM