[APP]: Sweep Texting 2.0

• Replies:2
You Forgot What?
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 13, 2013, 2:58:56 AM via Website

FREE: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FlightGear.SweepTextingFree

FULL: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FlightGear.SweepTexting

Sweep Texting allows users to receive, view, and send text messages, all without touching their phones. It uses the proximity sensor to implement intuitive gestures: you can sweep down your screen as though you're giving permission for the app to "come" to you and display itself. An alert dialog will then pop up with the text message and you can reply to it within the dialog itself (you don't have to switch out of the app you're currently using). Then, when you want to send the message, you simply sweep up as though you're commanding the text message to "go away" and send itself.

Since the app is completely touch-free (with the exception of typing in your actual message), it is extremely useful in hands-free situations where looking at the screen and switching through multiple screens to access messages may be a hazard (driving, for instance). The app also gives users a nice futuristic feel to their text messaging experience and allows them to customize it with multiple color schemes.

FULL LIST OF FEATURES:

--Sweep down to view a text message after it arrives.
--Sweep up to send your reply back to whoever you're texting.
--Tap on your message to go directly to your Inbox.
--Supports multiple messages from different senders.
--Supports messages longer than one text message.
--Hide a message and then sweep down to view it again at a later time.
--Choose between Holo styled (ICS only) or five different dialog colors.
--Choose between five different text balloon colors.
--Toggle to disable in Landscape mode.
--Toggle to enable/disable "Message Sent" sound.
--Enable/Disable toggle so you can turn off the app's features when you don't need it.

It is now available on Google Play for $1.99. The free trial version runs for 48 hours before requesting the user to upgrade to the full version.

You Forgot What?
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 16, 2013, 9:38:50 PM via Website

The app's price has been reduced by 25%! It is now on sale for $1.50.

The app is now also available in most EU countries! If you were unable to download it because of country limitations, you can do so now (as long as your country is in the EU)! Get the app now!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FlightGear.SweepTextingFree

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Feb 18, 2013, 2:10:56 PM via Website

I love the concept. My mind needs getting used to the idea, but I am sure I will get accustomed to it in no time.