Samsung’s Auto Complete Reveals Passwords

• Replies:3
Ramon James
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 4:19:59 PM via Website

So since it's been found that auto complete on the Samsung keyboard remembers passwords, and I'm too lazy turn predictive text off, I've decided to try to come up with some new ones to get around it:

PleezdontH@ckMe

N0tTheNameOf_myKat

Forg3tTh15passw0rdNOW!

What does everyone think? Is it something that Samsung should even bother fixing?

Aussie Ant
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 5:31:57 PM via Website

On websites at least, it's pretty easy to detect form types and whether they're for passwords or not. Not sure if there's a standard password object for native apps. If there was, I reckon samsung should be checking for it and ignoring it for auto complete.

It's prolly not huge problem, but it's a bit weird to see your password in the suggested results.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 7, 2013, 10:43:10 PM via Website

I've known the keyboard can remember passwords for a long time, I actually entered some manually in the library which were not being saved automatically so i can use it to automatically fill forms, if I can remember the first couple characters of the password.
This is a huge security risk, but my phone is never more than four inches from my hand and I've never met anyone with balls enough to try and take it from me...

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 8, 2013, 12:07:16 PM via Website

This happens to me sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy S3,like when I fudge up when entering in my Facebook Password and it asks me to enter it again, I will start typing it in and whoops, there's my password in the bottom suggested words bar! Definitely not cool! :angry: