App Created, Now What?

• Replies:6
MBCUK
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 6:32:07 PM via Website

Ok. So I've created my app.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get the most out of my time trying to get my app noticed?

How do I get reviews? Is there a site/anyone willing to exchange honest reviews?

— modified on Mar 11, 2013, 6:32:31 PM

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Mar 15, 2013, 12:35:45 PM via Website

Not as i knew. Basically mobile aaps works on look and feel. it depends what you have developed.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 16, 2013, 1:03:39 AM via App

tweet your app constantly, post it here, xda, device forums. use an app like swably to promote it. if it's good then it'll get noticed. good luck :-)

Sinkster

Calvin Jory
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 5, 2013, 5:50:52 PM via Website

Other than reviews, you should be paying attention to ASO (app store optimization). Search represents 80% of organic downloads on Google Play. This is pretty basic stuff if you're familiar at all with Google SEO. Focus on Keywords.
-Put your main keyword in your app title (can affect position 80-100 spots)
-Use your keyword 5 times in your app description (unlike the App Store where the app description is not searchable) (can affect position 10-20 spots)

-Google play searches also rank by downloads, which im guessing you don't have too many of since your app is new.
Also, make sure you have attractive screenshots, and take advantage of the opportunity to add a youtube promo video for your app

It is true that having people write review will have a big impact- the number of links to your Play Store page improves search rankings.
Here are some good Android review sites: AndroidTapp, AppBrain, AndroidLib, AndroidApps, AppsZoom. There are tons of them out there.

Good luck!

Fran Harkonan
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 16, 2013, 3:42:36 AM via Website

Also, there are a lot of websites and blogs that review sites, write them and ask them to review your app.

Calvin Jory
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 17, 2013, 10:49:35 PM via Website

You may want to consider creating a website for your app, especially if its on both Google Play and the App Store.

Allzhere
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 18, 2013, 8:18:03 AM via Website

Following pointers come handy:
  1. Share on Social Media
  2. Post in Forums
  3. Share across your workplace/institution
  4. Teaming up with an existing app publisher helps. This way your app can be shown in the "More Apps from" option. Bad Side : You will have to launch your app under some one's else's name
  5. Youtube video is a must. A nice catch video surely gets a lot of eyes !!!

All the best !!!