Looking for suggestions (no, not an app)

• Replies:2
HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Apr 12, 2013, 7:52:11 PM via Website

I'd really appreciate anybody who has a moment to visit HowDoYouAndroid.com and give me suggestions! I can't tell, anymore, what needs improving or redesigning... I've seen it too much!
What I'd like to know is:
1. Any design look unpleasant/could be improved?
2. What additional content would interest you?
3. What topics would you like to see covered?

The point of the site is not the advanced, techy side of Androids, but more how to take full advantage every day... which I would say you can only do BECAUSE of the advanced, techy side (aka, open source!)... so it's semi-entertainment, semi-instructive, really just a hobby.

Thanks terribly! :)

— modified on Apr 12, 2013, 7:57:12 PM

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Matthew Manners
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 17, 2013, 8:51:12 AM via Website

I run an Android app review blog as hobby using a Wordpress theme created by other people, so I'm not really in the right position to give you feedback but since you're asking...

I think there is too much purple and too many ads. Just my $0.20

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Apr 22, 2013, 9:35:52 PM via Website

Thanks for taking a look, Matt! I have to sheepishly agree that I might overdo purple... and hate to admit it, but that's the improved version. Well, I'll see if I can't calm it down a little more.
Not sure about ads... that's pretty much standard placement. Might experiment, but I'm pretty comfortable as is... haven't encountered any comments or complaints in that area!
I shall first go prepare a lovely glass of iced coffee, and next tackle Web Design: The Continuing Story.

— modified on Apr 22, 2013, 9:36:17 PM

HowDoYouAndroid.com