Guitarcraft - an app for guitarists

• Replies:4
Thomas
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 28, 2013, 7:37:53 PM via Website

Hello all,

As a guitar player I've been missing a proper mobile application to record ideas that might pop into my head when I don't have a guitar (or recording studio) around. I got the idea of quickly being able to tap down tabulature and rythm into an app one year ago and started developing the app immediately. It has taken a long while, especially getting that latency down and make a responsive user experience. I've released the first version which I think many people will find useful, but I will continue to develop more features based on user feedback.

Creating a riff or solo is a two step process.
1. Touch all the notes you want in your riff. This includes bends, vibratos, palm mutes, chords etc. Do not think about timing of the notes, that's in step 2.
2. Press the "Record" button (button with circle in middle on top of screen). Tap when the next note should be played / strummed until the end of the song.

If you are happy you can now save the riff, or experiment further.
If you'd like to store the current state of your riff, you can save and clone it to continue in another file.

Anyways, I'd like to tell you about my app, hopefully you like it. It's available for Android phones currently, and should work on both phones and tablets.

Watch demonstration and get it at Google Play :lol: (search for Guitarcraft)

Also, suggestions or feedback is most welcome!

— modified on Apr 28, 2013, 7:40:10 PM

Robert Niebrzydowski
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 28, 2013, 10:00:26 PM via Website

your application is not free. I would have preferred to play for free

Thomas

Apr 30, 2013, 9:01:59 PM via Website

I'm sorry to hear that. It took quite a long time (and money) to develop and I don't really want to add any ads. But that's ok, I guess there's lots of free guitar apps out there anyway :)

Thomas

Sep 17, 2013, 3:43:19 PM via Website

There is now a free version available (Gutarcraft Free).

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Sep 17, 2013, 5:58:36 PM via Website

I love that i can try a free version. I can see that this app tppk some real development. Great app!