I/O Denim Are Jeans Designed for Your Smartphone

• Replies:0
Nikhil Gorwani
  • Forum posts: 37

Apr 29, 2013, 11:44:34 AM via Website

From skinny to flared, jeans come in a wide range of styles — and now, you can add denim designed for smartphones to the mix.

Combining fashion and technology, I/O Denim are jeans that have a pocket on the left leg, in between the knee and the hip along the seam, according to the company's website. Trademarked the I/O Pocket, it fits any smartphone that has a 4.8-inch screen or smaller, including Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy S devices.

While they're hardly groundbreaking, I/O Denim's creators say their jeans cater to people who struggle to access mobile phones from standard jean pockets. CEO Anand Venkatrao was inspired to create the line after nearly getting into a car accident on the freeway while trying to retrieve his phone.

"I was trying to get my phone out of my pocket — I have an iPhone — and I did that weird maneuver where you stretch your leg out, and try and get all contorted, and I just took my eyes off the road, started swerving, almost hit the car in front of me, and I realized that a skinny jean is not convenient to put your cell phone in," he explains in a YouTube video.

(We can think of several ways to avoid similar mishaps, including not using your phone while driving, as well as tossing your phone in a cup holder or glove compartment before hitting the road.)

I/O Denim are made with 100% cotton, and have a slim fit. At $115 per pair, they can be purchased online through the company's website.

Would you buy denim designed for smartphones?

Source:Mashable