New Root/Flash ROM User - HELP PLEASE! (Back To Stock OS)

• Replies:1
AMB
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2013, 3:03:36 AM via Website

Hello.. I'm new to the forums (obviously with 1 post), but I'm also extremely new to ROOT and FLASH ROM. OK so I downloaded some software on my PC that autmatically rooted my phone.. All was fine and dandy until I decided, why Jelly Bean 4.1.1? Why not 4.2.2? Why not go further and do CMod or LiquidSmooth? I did CMod.. Was alright, just took forever for signal to come up.. Then LiquidSmooth.. Was great until it bugged out where the home, menu, and back buttons would "stick" and would be as if I was holding down the buttons. So I got rather annoyed and decided, ok it was fun.. Let's go back. OH NO! I forgot to perform a backup of the STOCK ROM! O.o So I searched online EVERYWHERE trying to find even an older stock ROM to enable me to update using Kies software (as I'm on AT&T, USA), but much to my dismay, I went through pages of search on Google and nothing popped up. So, here I am on this forum trying to see what I need to do to revert back to the stock ROM and hoping people here are willing to help me out and have a copy of the stock ROM. AND I would also need to reset the flash counter too if possible (no I'm not returning the phone, just need that out of the way "just in case"). So any help anyone may be able to give me to get it back where it was OS wise would be soooo much appreciated. :)

Here's the specs from About Phone in Settings in case they are needed:

>MODEL NUMER: SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
>ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
>BASEBAND VERSION: I747UCDLK3
>KERNAL VERSION: 3.4.37-cyanogenmod-g810c8e0blinky-ghost@cyanogenmod #1 Thu Apr 11 11:46:45 pdt 2013
>CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7I)
>MEMORY: 1630 MB
>CYANOGENMOD VERSION: 10.1-20130411-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M3
>BUILD DATE: Thu Apr 11:41:07 PDT 2013
>BUILD NUMBER: cm_d2att-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng..20130411.114036 test-keys

*NOTE: I went back to CMod ROM, thus the specs above.. --Samsung Galaxy S3 (I747), AT&T

— modified on May 7, 2013, 3:05:30 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 19, 2013, 1:38:47 PM via Website

The xda forum is here, while this thread would be the the most helpful one.

Sinkster