RE: Why Facebook Home fail at Android Device?

• Replies:3
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 13, 2013, 6:19:59 PM via Website

Interesting! It could very well be the team at Facebook did not really think about what Android users want from their device (ie, a homescreen that they can actually customize, not an endless stream of status updates).

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

May 14, 2013, 2:14:44 AM via Website

I've heard the same... the majority of fb testers and developers apparently are (well, were... it's changing, I hear) given iPhones, so they are used to the lack of customization, meaning they didn't notice what we see easily. Primarily missing widgets! So Android users are getting this iPhonenated app family and missing real Android. Interesting!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

May 14, 2013, 9:05:01 AM via Website

Facebook has launched nearly the same app for Android and iPhone developed on HTML5, there are not lot of difference in official Android and iOS apps. Yes both apps are not exactly the same, there are few features presented differently for both platforms that is just because of their operation.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

May 22, 2013, 4:35:01 PM via Website

I choose to stay away from Facebook, their app was crap in the first place and I don't have high hopes for the launcher.