"Sync is Off"

• Replies:10
Kindergarten Teacher
  • Forum posts: 2

May 24, 2013, 11:42:05 PM via Website

Hi! This is probably a dumb question, but I've Googled and come up with nothing that works on my phone. My email accounts have un-synced themselves, for some reason. I have the Sync is Off icon on every account, and I can't figure out how to turn them all on. I can click to sync right then, but I want to turn them all on.

The directions I've found say to go to Settings>Personal>Sync or some such. I USED to have something that said 'sync' right there under Settings, but there is now nothing on that menu. Under the Personal heading, there is only Location Access, Security, Language & Input and Backup & Reset. Under the Accounts heading, there is only Dropbox, Email, Facebook and Google. I've gone into each account and there is a box where you can check how often you want it to check for new emails, but nothing about actually turning Sync back on.

Can anyone help, please? I have an Etsy store and am no longer getting my emails when I have sales...

Thanks!

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

May 28, 2013, 10:57:47 PM via Website

What you're looking for under settings is an "Accounts & Sync" section... where it is varies by Android version. Do you know what version of Android you have, or what phone? Accounts & Sync might just be right there under settings, not a subsetting. Try this page
Let me know if this doesn't help, and I should be able to give more specific instructions if you can give details about the phone.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Kindergarten Teacher

May 28, 2013, 11:30:16 PM via Website

Hi, it's a Galaxy Nexus, which I did forget to mention. I found what I was looking for. It's actually not even on that menu...it's under Data Usage, then the 3 squares at the top right on that screen has a dropdown with a checkbox that unchecked itself (apparently) that says Auto-sync data.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this for me. It's just frustrating when you can't find any info and you know it's just some simple thing. Which it was.

Bill P

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

May 29, 2013, 10:54:36 PM via Website

For sure! No prob... glad you got it figured out!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

paul Kruger
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 26, 2014, 3:02:19 PM via Website

good day maybe you can assist me, i about got the same problem as teacher but im running android (bluestacks), i can not say what android it is cause there is no about in the settings to find out, i got about 5 accounts added on the device 4 google and one facebook, my google accounts is syncing but not my facebook, i have removed the account 3 times and re-add it again but still get the sync is off icon, the device also does not have data usage where i can look if it is off there, how do i get the sync on, i use bluestacks for many things mainly cause it run from windows but use android apps, my games on bluestacks runs fine , but here is what i cant understand, i got 2 games that sync with facebook, hay day sync fine but jurassic park does not sync, hay day is linked to my google and facebook accounts and jurassic park only with facebook, the game does not have sync with google. where can i go to turn on my facebook sync on the bluestacks device. thank you. you can email me at Admin Edit: Posing personal email address not allowed

— modified on Oct 18, 2014, 7:04:20 PM by moderator

Shadow Wolf

Jul 6, 2016, 6:41:44 AM via Website

So I'm having the same problem with my coolpad arise, I believe that's what it is, some kind of coolpad. Anyways it's not syncing. I tried looking under the data usage like that teacher person did, but I don't get the 3 squares drop down menu. It's running on Android 4.4.2 I believe. Can you help me out?

Gaz Robertson

Oct 31, 2016, 2:21:27 PM via Website

I have a Sony Xperia tablet with Android 5.1.1. The only way I could find to deal with this (which took me hours to find) was:

• Settings cog
  • Setup guide (under Personal)
  • Go through the steps until at step 6 there is "Sync automatically"
    switch. Slide it to on position.
  • Next step then Finish.

Then you have to make sure it does not switch itself off again:
- Settings cog
- Power management (under Device)
- Low battery mode
- Untick "Auto-sync" off

Sigh(whew)

Kay Clark

Jul 10, 2017, 9:16:55 PM via Website

RCA. 10. tablet. please. syne. all my. accounts

Lorna G

Dec 8, 2017, 6:26:43 PM via Website

Sync is off. I went to "Accounts & Sync" but still no sync. The info on the phone just scrolls "getting your messages. This message syncing has been scrolling for about three days.

Lorna G

Dec 8, 2017, 6:27:56 PM via Website

My phone is LG Tribute 5

Linda Gray

Aug 2, 2018, 1:15:10 AM via Website

How do you turn on the sync when it is off