HTC One Battery Discussion ( Performance/Charging/Usage/Everything Else)

• Replies:8
Roadzilla
  • Forum posts: 5

May 31, 2013, 8:15:25 AM via Website

Battery has been a bone of contention for many people about HTC ONE. Without having used or seen or experienced I feel a lot have been talked about the battery. Its a decent Li battery with 2300mAh juice. Enough power for the day. I have my own personal experience. -

20hours NONSTOP

Just the other day I decided to test the juice of the new HTC One. I charged it 100% and then with PSM kicked it I tried using it the entire day. It managed to power the One till around 20 hrs and 15-30mins. I was pretty impressed with this. It was a typical work day during this test time - Alarm, Few o/g and i/g calls, texts, Social media, Stream youtube videos on HD, emails,GPS, maps,Evernote, Playing music,taking few test pictures etc. The email, Social Media ( Hangout, Whatsapp, Twitter, Wechat, Instagram,Facebook) are always turned on. I did post pics on Instagram, usual chatting and downloading via Whatsapp, Hangouts and weChat,Posting tweets, Check and browsing photo and general on FB. I also used the GPS to find out the location and checked in maps few times. All these while, the phone was connected either to Wi-Fi or on 3G mode. I am absolutely delighted by the performance of the battery. This is by far the most hours my HTC phone went on without charging! Absolutely delighted!!!

p.s- I am trying hard to upload the screenshot from my mobile but there is an unexpect error message getting displayed again and again.

What are your battery experiences with the HTC One? Lets discuss....

— modified on May 31, 2013, 8:43:01 AM

Roadzilla

Jun 6, 2013, 9:17:06 AM via Website

I just tried another Battery Test on my HTC One and this is what I got with moderate usage which included playing songs, Surfing over Wifi,, Some calls, Text, Social Media connect, Push Mails, Whatsapp,Hangout and Wechat, Some photos and videos, Quick Map surfing etc. This is byfar the highest I have ever got from any mobile.

Check - pic.twitter.com/2rI7DL9KwB

Brian Crawford
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 6:04:04 AM via Website

Hey dude,

I just read your post in the forums about battery life for your HTC One. I just bought mine a couple days ago, And I have a few questions that I would be very appreciative if you would answer. So, First of all, A little information. So I just reccently bought my HTC One, And I've had absolutely no where's close to as great battery life as yourself. I work 8 hour shifts where I turn my phone off for the majoirty of the time and yet I still feel as I'm getting terrible battery life.

I've read various posts and watched several videos on how to conserve battery and I've done almost everything they've mentioned. I constantly end all applications through multitask and downloaded a task manager/killer. I've noticed that several of my apps are still running after I close them, And understand that several are mandatory to run to ensure notifications and such from some apps such as Facebook Messanger and email. So for example, Right now I have everything closed through multitask (but Google Chrome) and I ran my task killer and killed everything. The following apps usually immediately start running after I do so.

- Maps
- Messenger (For Facebook)
- Rdio??? (Music app, Has been exited and killed, Hasn't been opened for the past 2 hours even)
- Google Chrome (Of course)
- Outlook Mail
- Cyberon Voice Commander
- Settings

So this is what usually opens, Sometimes Music also will be opened randomly without me even using it for quite some time. I have my brightness very low, my keys vibrate when I touch them, and I also have an app killer that constantly kills apps upon screen closer and reopening. I don't understand why a couple of these are running constantly (Rdio, Settings, Cyberon). My battery was completely 100% charged this morning when I left for work. There's no service outback where I work, and no WiFi as well, So I turn that option off and the whole device I power down. I don't understand why at the end of the day I power on my device with 80% battery or less for practically no use other then a quick check of the weather, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a couple texts messages. Especially when my phone was powered off.

I don't think it would be a battery issue as the phone is brand new out of the box. I was wondering what you can advise me to do to help improve my battery life. I couldn't imagine trying to get a days use out of this battety, Yet every post I see boasts about the great compacity of the HTC One's battery. If you would like any additional information please don't hessitate to ask. Like I said, I always close all of my applications and have my settings tuned so majority of the features on the phone are shut off or toned down. I don't have sync on anything as well.

I've heard about device rooting to delete applications that are junky such as Cyberon Voice Control, But I'm also afraid that it would interfere with basic phone duties such as Google Speech in search or other seemingly built in HTC One features.

Let me know what you think!

Roadzilla

Jul 14, 2013, 9:20:49 AM via Website

Brian Crawford
Hey dude,

I just read your post in the forums about battery life for your HTC One. I just bought mine a couple days ago, And I have a few questions that I would be very appreciative if you would answer. So, First of all, A little information. So I just reccently bought my HTC One, And I've had absolutely no where's close to as great battery life as yourself. I work 8 hour shifts where I turn my phone off for the majoirty of the time and yet I still feel as I'm getting terrible battery life.

I've read various posts and watched several videos on how to conserve battery and I've done almost everything they've mentioned. I constantly end all applications through multitask and downloaded a task manager/killer. I've noticed that several of my apps are still running after I close them, And understand that several are mandatory to run to ensure notifications and such from some apps such as Facebook Messanger and email. So for example, Right now I have everything closed through multitask (but Google Chrome) and I ran my task killer and killed everything. The following apps usually immediately start running after I do so.

- Maps
- Messenger (For Facebook)
- Rdio??? (Music app, Has been exited and killed, Hasn't been opened for the past 2 hours even)
- Google Chrome (Of course)
- Outlook Mail
- Cyberon Voice Commander
- Settings

So this is what usually opens, Sometimes Music also will be opened randomly without me even using it for quite some time. I have my brightness very low, my keys vibrate when I touch them, and I also have an app killer that constantly kills apps upon screen closer and reopening. I don't understand why a couple of these are running constantly (Rdio, Settings, Cyberon). My battery was completely 100% charged this morning when I left for work. There's no service outback where I work, and no WiFi as well, So I turn that option off and the whole device I power down. I don't understand why at the end of the day I power on my device with 80% battery or less for practically no use other then a quick check of the weather, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a couple texts messages. Especially when my phone was powered off.

I don't think it would be a battery issue as the phone is brand new out of the box. I was wondering what you can advise me to do to help improve my battery life. I couldn't imagine trying to get a days use out of this battety, Yet every post I see boasts about the great compacity of the HTC One's battery. If you would like any additional information please don't hessitate to ask. Like I said, I always close all of my applications and have my settings tuned so majority of the features on the phone are shut off or toned down. I don't have sync on anything as well.

I've heard about device rooting to delete applications that are junky such as Cyberon Voice Control, But I'm also afraid that it would interfere with basic phone duties such as Google Speech in search or other seemingly built in HTC One features.

Let me know what you think!

HTC One has some bloatwares. Instead of killing them.. try disabling them from the app management.
Facebook turns on by itself coz you must have synced contacts with your mobile.
Keep you permission for apps to use GPS unchecked.
Turn on the power saver mode.
Disable the cybertron voice commander.
Go to the playstore and uncheck the update the app automatically option.
uncheck all the auto upload facility from facebook, G+ or Instagram
Download and check the battery status in GSAM Battery Monitor to check what uses your battery power.

Lemme know if any of this helps. Sorry for the late reply.

Deactivated Account

Aug 17, 2013, 4:30:01 PM via Website

Sorry to resurrect a dead conversation, but I've been having problems with the battery life on my unit as well, and I have absolutely no idea why.
I should start off by saying I'm not a newcomer to android management in the slightest. I have all unnecessary apps disabled, 3g mode, the JuiceDefender Ultimate battery app, and even Tasker installed to automate various functions upon certain criteria.

I've owned the device for approximately three months at this point, and have never experienced battery longevity like what you describe other than days with battery saver enabled and barely using the phone. I don't do a lot of use throughout the day. Few texts, some Internet, the random YouTube video, etc. By then end of my 13 hour days, my battery is usually hovering around 20%. Am I missing something crucial to this phone that's causing it to eat through power at such a ridiculous rate?

On a side note, I've noticed the last few days that gps seems to be randomly turning itself on, and it has no permissions enabled to do so. That may be part of the problem, but it doesn't explain what's been up before it started happening.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I'm a bit flabbergasted that my $700 flagship can't make it through a full dy without being gimped and kept on life support.

Dishit Mehta

Aug 26, 2013, 7:16:53 PM via Website

As i readed your post, i have some battery issues if you can solve it out, i would be great thankful to you....

I use to charge my htc one 100 % , and after using every thing instagram, hike, gps sometimes, game for two hour a day , watsapp, texts, my 3G remains all time on....and i use it fully....but still my phone dosen't work for more than 7 to 8 hours , and the more thing when i see my power usage some time the more battery user is android system ..... it is around 70 to 80%.....

So please can any one guide me what to do ? how can i improve my battery life ? should i show it in htc service center ?

Radha Manju

Feb 12, 2015, 11:06:22 AM via Website

Htc is the leading company which provides best mobiles in market. Battery is the most important for every mobiles, but now day every smart phone having battery back up with 24 hrs including htc. if you are in Chennai reach best htc service center in Chennai to solve your issue.

Irek Janek
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 19, 2015, 11:29:01 PM via Website

This might be a bit off topic but to extend the battery life your might want to check those charging tips: Keep charged 40%-80%, Avoid 0% and 100%. There is more but I can't post links. If you want to you can Google: MyTop10Bestsellers Is there a "right" way to charge your smartphone battery?

Sarah Cecil

Jun 23, 2018, 11:42:34 AM via Website

I also have an issue with the battery on my m7. I have constantly had to keep it on the charger. I tried shutting off apps GPS and sync, even put airplane mode on and the energy saver. Nothing I do helps. The device is frequently getting hot. What the heck?!?!