Samsung Galaxy S3 — My home button on Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 doesn't work.

• Replies:14
  • Answered
ILONKA Staikova
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 23, 2013, 6:06:33 PM via Website

A few days ago I tried to press the home button on my Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 but it didn't work at all I tired to clean the RAM to unchecked most of the settings or to try REBOOT but I couldn't reboot at all.
After removing the battery or waiting or turning off and on the home button still didn;t work .
Please help me to find a solution to thins HUGE problem.
I haven't dropped it or hit it so it must be from the phone settings or a program software problem.
If this is going to help I notice this problem after my phone battery died and after I recharged and turned it on it I notice that the button doesn't work at all.

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jun 24, 2013, 5:02:29 PM via Website

Hi ILONKA,

Try the following:

1. go to home screen
2. tap the menu button
3. tap 'Edit'
4. tap on the little "home" icon in the upper right corner of the screen that you want to be your home screen
5. press home button again

Let me know if that helped.

ILONKA Staikova

Jun 24, 2013, 5:16:29 PM via Website

No, it didn't work .
I still can't use the home button :(

ILONKA Staikova

Jun 24, 2013, 6:03:05 PM via Website

I don't think that I am using S Voice .
I have Voice Dialer and Voice search app

Mitch Stevens
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 8:15:53 AM via Website

That was terrific advice, Mary - Wow. FOR MONTHS I have been dealing with this and didn't ever notice or realize that HOME button. HUGE difference. Now if I can only ROOT my phone and get of all the useless junk on it. I hate that. How they slam useless apps that really busy people will never use. Ever. I wish all well ~

ILONKA Staikova

Aug 19, 2013, 12:56:17 PM via Website

The problem is that I tried to reboot but I couldn't Somehow it doesn't work anymore..
Also the flight mod is gone when I push the on/off button there is only switch off option...
Every other option is gone..plus the home button problem :S

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 19, 2013, 2:38:13 PM via Website

When did you buy the device? This sounds like you may have some faulty hardware. If your phone is still under warranty I'd recommend taking it in for a service in case it's a manufacturing fault. I take it you've tried a Factory Reset already and that hasn't fixed the problem? If not, the tutorial is here.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

ILONKA Staikova

ILONKA Staikova

Aug 19, 2013, 2:47:02 PM via Website

Well my bf bought it in 2011 at the beginning I think from ebay.
I tried to Reboot I will try with what you have suggested I hope it works.
Otherwise I have to wait until I find someone who knows something about devices and electronics and show it to him.
Thanks for the advice.

ILONKA Staikova

Aug 20, 2013, 1:04:52 PM via Website

Thanks a lot :)
I deleted everything with the instruction you wrote and it worked ..
I lost everything else , but it doesn't matter , at least the phone is back to normal.
I guess it was all about the apps or just the phone sucks who knows :D

Kris Carlon

Aug 20, 2013, 1:31:46 PM via Website

I'm glad the Factory Reset solved your problem. In future, just remember to back everything up before doing a Factory or Hard Reset, so you can reinstall all your apps, contacts and messages etc once complete. We have all the details in the tutorial. But as long as your device is working properly now and you're happy then I'm happy too.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

ILONKA Staikova

Aug 20, 2013, 1:47:56 PM via Website

I am afraid to instal any kind of apps . I think the main problem was because of them, so for now I will not instal anything at all..
And thanks again HUGE and many thanks.
I am really happy that I solve this problem , I wasn't using the phone so often or at all but still it good to know that is works without problems or bugs :)

Kris Carlon

Aug 20, 2013, 3:34:05 PM via Website

No problem! If you'rte worried about apps being the cause of the problem you can install a secuirty app like Lookout to scan apps once you've downloaded them (before they install), or you can downloads apps on your computer and scan them with an anti-virus program before you transfer them to your phone. That will solve the vast majority of problems. Reading the most recent comments in the Play Store is usually a good way to know if a current version of an app is behaving itself or causing problems.

ILONKA Staikova

Aug 20, 2013, 3:41:58 PM via Website

Thanks, that could come in handy.
But with or without apps my phone is still slow and sometimes its stuck..
Like I said thanks for helping me although I am not liking smartphones or using this one at all it is god to know that it is repaired.

Catherine Waltz
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 4, 2014, 11:01:25 PM via Website

This helped me. I was trying to figure out why the homepage had moved to a different 'dot'. I returned homepage to my preferred place. Thanks!