Welcome to the Sony Xperia SP Forum (and tech specs)!

• Replies:3
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 24, 2013, 6:03:59 PM via Website

Welcome to the Sony Xperia SP Forum!!

Here you will be able to discuss topics regarding the Sony Xperia SP as well as ask questions and share tips!

Tech Specs
  • Weight:5.47 oz
  • Dimensions: 5.14 x 2.64 x 0.39 inches
  • Corning Gorilla Glass; on-screen QWERTY keyboard
  • Display:4.6", 1280 x 720 pixels, 16,777,216 color display
  • Processor: 1.7 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 MSM8960Pro Dual Core
  • Camera:8 megapixel camera with auto focus; 16x digital zoom, pulsed LED flash/ Front-facing camera (VGA)
  • Memory: RAM: 1GB; Flash memory: Up to 8 GB; Expansion slot: microSD card, up to 32 GB
  • Network/Connections: NFC, WiFi, Micro USB, USB charging, USB High speed 2.0, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, LTE Bands1-20, HSPA+, GSM

Enjoy!

Ramiz Rahim
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 11:59:06 AM via Website

Can anyone let me know when i would be getting update of 4.2.

Eriks Katkovs
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 16, 2013, 9:24:38 PM via Website

Not much info about Xperia SP on the internet. So I'll ask some question here! :grin:

Nielpatel
  • Forum posts: 52

Mar 31, 2016, 8:34:18 AM via Website

I bought this phone but not from flipkart, from a shop and it's been 9 months using it. Here I am sharing my real experience with this gadget and may helpfull for the buyers.

Pros:
Brilliant display 319ppi, more than enough to watch full hd videos/movies. You never get any other phone with such a pixel rate in any other brands with this price tag.

Awesome contrast ratio. Great brightness with sony bravia engine. Full hd videos play effortlessly without any stucks and all. Thanks for 1GB RAM and a super fast 1.7GHz dual core Qualcomm processor. Graphics just works great. Plays almost all the HD/3D games from the playstore(dead trigger, temple run/candy crush, iron man etc...)

Music- no words, sony is made for sound so no question about it. great equalizer settings, with environments and other distinguished sound settings from Exclusively Sony. Use good quality headphones to enjoy the real sony music.

Bottom LED notification indicator- superb, you can identify the happenings with the color of light itself. Also works as a equalizer while playing music in built in music app.

Great battery- 2370mAh! No other phone can beat this current rating. Stays for a day with normal usage.

PS3 dual shock six axis joy stick support- pairs with PS3 dual shock six axis joy stick and you can even play games which supports. If you have an NFC enabled TV then you can even pair this phone and directly mirror the phone display into TV and enjoy.

Cons:
Poor wifi range. Even connection drops with range 10m with a 0.5ft wall in between.

Battery heats upto 42C if you keep brightness to 100% and play game/watch video/browse.

Little heavier -must be because of metal edge casing. May work as a pros if you look at the protection point of view.

Camera is not so good for low light conditions, but in sunlight the images captured are Cristal clear.

Back panel is poor quality one.

I have given 4*/5* because of the above cons, else this is a awesome mid range phone worth to buy.