Samsung Galaxy S3 — How to Root the Galaxy S3 i9300 on Android Jelly Bean 4.1

• Replies:2
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 5, 2013, 10:47:57 AM via Website

Warning! This rooting process is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 running on Android 4.1. Rooting has a lot of risks if you don't follow all the steps as indicated and if you mess around, you may end up with a useless brick of a phone. To avoid the chance of losing your files, please back up your data completely before starting this process. Neither AndroidPIT nor I will be held responsible for any damages or loss of data. Don't know what rooting is, check out our Rooting for Beginners Q&A's as well as which custom ROMs that you might like.

Download

Odin 307

The CF-Root 6.4 (the kernel with the super user rights)

Rooting

1. Download and decompress Odin 307
  2. Download and decompress the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 file
  3. Launch Odin
  4. Power down your Galaxy S3 and power it up in download mode (press volume down+power+home for about 10 seconds), then confirm by pressing on volume up.
  5. Connect your smartphone to your PC using your micro USB chord and wait until Windows has downloaded the drivers. Once this is done, Odin will recognize your phone and the rectangular box in the top left corner will turn blue.

6. Click on PDA and select the CF-Root file (Make sure you select the decompressed file that contains the letters .tar).
  7. Odin will now look like this. Do not touch anything else or check off any additional boxes.
  8. Click on start.
  9. After a few seconds, Odin will present the word ''Reset'' in blue, which means you should now turn your attention back to your Galaxy S3.

10. Once the installation process is done, your Galaxy S3 will reboot and you can unplug it from your PC.
  11. And there you go! Your Galaxy S3 has been successfully rooted. Congratulations!

— modified on Jul 5, 2013, 12:30:44 PM

Ibra Aboud
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 4:40:06 PM via Website

what is the benefits of rooting ??? as i did it but nothing changed

karensavana
  • Forum posts: 17

Sep 24, 2016, 11:59:19 AM via Website

It is great! I have used Odin to flash my device and get S3 rooted, so I'd like to share with you all.