How to use Google Maps' ''secret'' gestures

• Replies:3
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 5, 2013, 2:54:59 PM via Website

Everyone uses Google Maps with the same gestures: up, down, right, left and finally pinch and zoom. Actually, there are a lot more possibilities that you might not know about and you might even be surprised if I told you that you only needed one hand to do these.:blink:

Double click and slide your finger up to zoom into the area you've selected. To go back, just slide your finger up or double tap.

If you prefer to tilt the map to get another perspective, quite similar to Maps Navigation, you just need to make one simple gesture. Just place your two fingers on the screen and slide down to the selected viewing angle. To return to normal view, just drag your two fingers up.

Simply drag your finger in the desired direction.

Place two fingers on the screen and turn in the desired direction.

Do you have any other ''tricks'' with Google Maps?:)

— modified on Jul 5, 2013, 3:11:34 PM

Gary Jakings
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 7:26:12 PM via Website

I wish they would add Safety Cameras and Traffic congestion to Google maps I would use them all the time then.

Tricia_TD

pechetti satya
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 8, 2013, 12:26:33 PM via Website

Loie Favre
Everyone uses Google Maps with the same gestures: up, down, right, left and finally pinch and zoom. Actually, there are a lot more possibilities that you might not know about and you might even be surprised if I told you that you only needed one hand to do these.:blink:

Double click and slide your finger up to zoom into the area you've selected. To go back, just slide your finger up or double tap.

If you prefer to tilt the map to get another perspective, quite similar to Maps Navigation, you just need to make one simple gesture. Just place your two fingers on the screen and slide down to the selected viewing angle. To return to normal view, just drag your two fingers up.

Simply drag your finger in the desired direction.

Place two fingers on the screen and turn in the desired direction.

Do you have any other ''tricks'' with Google Maps?:)

pechetti satya
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 8, 2013, 12:28:29 PM via Website

Gary Jakings
I wish they would add Safety Cameras and Traffic congestion to Google maps I would use them all the time then.