Nokia to go Android?

• Replies:11
Anthony Muzonzini
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 5, 2013, 6:00:48 PM via Website

Do you think that Nokia should go consider going Android with its line of phones or should it stick it out with Windows?

Gordon Christie
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 10:07:56 PM via Website

Anthony Muzonzini
Do you think that Nokia should go consider going Android with its line of phones or should it stick it out with Windows?
yES i THINK THEY SHOULD AND ALSO SHOULD LOOK AT OTHE OS FOR MOBILE LIKE uBUNTU ETC ALSO ITS A SHAME THAT IOS ISNT AVAILABLE FOR OTHER MANUFACTURERS AS IT IS A GOOD OS DESPITE BEING A LITTLE DATED BUT STILL HAS GREAT FEATURES. Sorry for shouting only just noticed caps lock was on :-)

Ramana Yellapu Jr.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 1:56:03 PM via Website

I think, nokia did the right thing to partner with microsoft for windows phone os.
microsoft engineers will definitely break the ice soon or later. single player dominace is never a good choice for either buyers as well.
so , nokia has got edge in its own form. as all players queued up to android, they have to run up the race from too far to capture the market. lets look at a bigger picture. xp saga contined for a long run but lost its ground with vista. but bounced back with win 7. microsoft guys actuallly can come to light sooner or later. Dual os can turn race. for blackberry to role out os as a stand alone paid service. which can rope in paid mobile os a fine touch.

:grin:increasing android adoption can be good sign for malwares and security lapses.
Nokia is the one which tastes its success by beating the market expectations with a boring audience finding a solace to replace android for a new falvour.

i conclude to suggest equal fair competitors alone can make customers more satisfied. so lets hope both android and windows phone os /blackberry/firefox os/sailfish os/ubuntu os/tizen os. or something new let it come and join the race.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 11, 2013, 9:52:55 AM via Website

And now there's the Nokia Normandy rumor that it might be released in early 2014 running on Android. Just prior to Microsoft's takeover, this could either be a last ditch rebellion (Nokia were working on Android phones just prior to the acquisition announcement three months ago), or an attempt to demonstrate that Microsoft needs to push both their own Windows Phone platform as well as Android if they seriously want to compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple. The Normandy will reportedly be a low-wend phone along the lines of the Asha (''hope'' in Sanskrit) series.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 11, 2013, 11:08:42 AM via Website

The thinking behind android 4.4.x seems to be partially about being able to run it on low-end devices, which for Google can only be a good thing. Nokia is still one of the most recognised phone brands, but now are basically looking for another os since selling out to Microsoft. The beauty is, Nokia still own the Nokia brand, so a Nokia Android phone running KitKat priced around €100-€130 could be a massive seller. What a coincidence, eh?

Sinkster

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Dec 11, 2013, 2:50:25 PM via App

if nokia with android, i will be back. i still love nokia phone. great...but the os....haiz.. Now Nokia must learn to adapt survive.

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Dec 11, 2013, 3:49:27 PM via Website

And how would this compete, amoungst the broad publich? I think that it will fail, because the "audience" have been lulled and taught by the various marketing devisions. America is i-land, europe is android land. Asia... I don't know. Yet they shure is ditching i-products bacause of all that nsa talk.

Anyway.
I think this is only going to sell, if it is sold cheap on contract. Cheaper than any other cheap product, and does any one know if that is possible if we take a look at production costs?
My bet is. That even with a low price tag. Nokia need to fuel the ads with something like: "Nokia, now with chocolate" or "Nokia, offering YOU another oppertunity".... That way, they might sell some, for the broad publich. That buy according to what company name, they have been "brainwashed" with by ads.

— modified on Dec 11, 2013, 3:53:42 PM

Ctls_Murari
  • Forum posts: 16

Dec 12, 2013, 9:29:06 AM via Website

Yes.........

Nokia may be working on an Android device as a successor to its low-end Asha efforts, but for new owner Microsoft the project risks consumer confusion and further entrenchment of an Android-first mentality among developers.

AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Dec 22, 2013, 3:25:09 PM via Website

That's NEVER going to happen.

MAGISTR-S
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 9, 2014, 6:40:16 PM via Website

I think android more powerful than nokia =)

britt Mobil
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 17, 2014, 2:28:23 PM via Website

Yes - and I wish Nokia had done that instead of Microsoft.
I got the Nokia X delivered today. Unfortunately the user interface looks more like something coming from Microsoft than what I expected - and I am returning it. This is - for me - a useless phone and I am very disappointed.

britt Mobil
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 17, 2014, 2:39:55 PM via Website

This is the phone which disappointed me more than any other mobile I have had. I purchased it - and returned it the same day it was delivered. While it has the Nokia logo (which is why I bought it) - it "feels" like a windows phone and not what I expected.