- Forum posts: 1,116
Jul 8, 2013, 5:53:05 PM via Website
Jul 8, 2013 5:53:05 PM via Website
Prepare your PC
- For this method, you need to use your PC that is normally connected to your printer. This needs to be turned on and Google Chrome must be opened in order for this to work, otherwise the page will print after you've turned on your PC.
- You'll need to use Cloud Print from Google. Install Chrome on your PC if you don't have it already and log into your Google simultaneously on your PC and your mobile phone.
- Launch Chrome on your PC, click on the icon menu in the top right corner and select settings. Underneath, click on ''Advanced Settings''. Find the Cloud Print section.
- Select ''Add printer'' and add your printer.
Download a compatible application.
- Next, install an app on your smartphone or tablet that is compatible with Google Cloud Print. You'll find a good list here. Some good ones are Chrome, Cloud Print Beta, PrinterShare Mobile Print or Easy Print.
- Cloud Print Beta is a good choice. You need to add your Gmail account and then it quickly recognizes your printer. You even have the possibility to print something in PDF that is found in Google Drive.
- Next, when you open the options to share a document, photo or message, one of the options will be Cloud Print. Click on this to decide exactly what you want to print: web page or text and then select the printing options. Next, choose the printing options: either ''download and print'', ''instant print'' or ''PDFmyURI and then print''.
- You get then access the preview where you finally hit print! When you return to your Google Chrome Print account, there's a list of all the printed documents. The Google Cloud Print service works with Gmail and Chrome quite seamlessly.
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting