Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 13, 2013, 1:40:35 AM via Website

EEK!!!

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 13, 2013, 11:19:56 AM via Website

Here's another couple of awful, out of focus images of the LG Nexus 5, from both ends (in case you couldn't even tell what you were looking at). Seriously, what is wrong with these guys?!?!?!?!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

KevinE
  • Forum posts: 19

Sep 13, 2013, 10:02:13 PM via App

They are actual leaked pictures. Most "leaks" are on the same level as promo photos. To me a professional photo isn't much of a leak but rather a timed buzz campaign.

Kris Carlon

Sep 18, 2013, 8:43:27 PM via Website

True Kevin, but I have to wonder, with the seriously impressive smartphone cameras (or Olympus DSLR's) floating around, how it is that leakers can set up rulers etc to take pictures, but can't work a focus ring? In the same vein as your suggestion that perfect leak pictures are most likely unofficial (official) ''leaks'' it seems to me that the other kind of leaks, the blurry ones, are probably blurry on purpose but just as officially sanctioned. In any case it keeps bloggers like us talking about it!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

KevinE
  • Forum posts: 19

Sep 18, 2013, 9:03:35 PM via Website

I agree. The blurry ones are suspicious just for being blurry alone. And maybe why they are blurry, too add a bit of mystery. But it's not like we don't know what a smart phone looks like by now and it's easy to "see through" the distortion. Maybe some focus group somewhere decided the blurry is more intriguing than crisp and clear lol.

Kris Carlon

Sep 18, 2013, 9:13:25 PM via Website

Well it works for Bigfoot, UFO's, the Loch Ness Monster, basically every ghost ever 'caught' on film, so I guess I can see the attraction to blurry images. If we had full 3D press renders of Bigfoot we may not be quite so fascinated by the big hairy fella! No matter the motivation, any glimpse of a new device is always welcome!

Kris Carlon

Oct 14, 2013, 2:57:53 PM via Website

And here's another awful one of the Nexus 5, complete with identifiable part obfuscation to prtect the leaker, but seriously, what's up with that camera quality? What's the point when we've got so many nice renders and other leak pictures (in focus) already?