Would you like to see Android on PC?

• Replies:5
Anthony Muzonzini
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 23, 2013, 8:08:04 PM via Website

Would you like to see android come out on PC's and notebooks and do you think that Android would be able to take a lot of market share from Windows if that were to happen?

batfink47
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 8:46:38 PM via Website

Samsung and Asus have both released hybrid Windows 8/Android tablets...

If you have a Windows/Mac OS based Desktop or Laptop there is an Android emulator. It's still in beta, but functions fairly well...

(Not allowed to post links to either) :mad:

The way things stand, I feel that Windows offers a better Desktop/Laptop solution at the moment. Android is my choice of OS for Smartphones/Tablets...

Anthony Muzonzini
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 23, 2013, 10:30:35 PM via Website

yeah i agree with that. one of the reasons why i believe windows will still reign is because a lot of programs are built for and people are used to using on windows though but some hold the view that with better processors coming to android more and more people will start building for android

Feeso
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 8:18:10 AM via Website

No. we already have windows and it's doing fine. I wouldn't want my pc and my smartphone to use the same operating system and that's why I'l never buy a windows phone.

— modified on Jul 24, 2013, 8:19:28 AM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 24, 2013, 2:25:28 PM via Website

It's certainly possible though. Smartphone and tablet use is skyrocketing and sooner or later, as technology improves, people will start to use their mobile devices for more and more traditionally desktop-based functions. It's already happened with photo sharing, social media, gaming and email, so why shouldn't the trend continue? The question is: how would desktop Android compare to mobile Android?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

dulala
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 31, 2013, 11:42:45 AM via Website

firstly ,some brands had released some android based tablet pcs,aftering trying it ,i feel that the function is no bad ,and i am glad to have a try on many new things.but for the market share,i am still neutral.