Ads appear every time I use an App!

• Replies:1
Margarette Faye Abadicio
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 2:00:26 PM via Website

I was getting annoyed of this ads that appear every second that i use an app! In any app that i download! and the ads are all the same. It's driving me nuts! I deleted all my apps but it's still there. I used anti virus but it said it has no virus. Please help me get rid of it! I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 by the way.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 31, 2013, 3:02:41 PM via Website

Hi Margarette, sorry to hear about advertising overload. I'm a little confused though, you said you deleted all your apps but the advertising is still there? Where is the advertising showing up now?

Normally if you get ads popping up everywhere in an app it's just because the app has too much advertising and there's not much you can do about it except uninstall or pay for a pro or ad-free version.

If there's all sorts of crazy stuff going on in terms of advertising then you may have installed an app with dodgy malware or adware on it. This you can usually find out about by installing an app like Lookout Ad Network Detector which will let you know which apps have advertising networks and what data they are getting from you.

You can then decide what's worth keeping or uninstalling (and in some cases you can opt out of the ad network services). If all this doesn't help you might just have to back up all your data and perform a factory reset to clear things up.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting