Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:150
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

May 27, 2014 6:24:09 AM via Website

Kris,

I updated to 4.3 and my Note 2 will now no longer switch automatically to my work Wifi from 4G when I enter the building. It tries to connect, but then turns off the wifi. I can get it to connect to my work wifi network if I turn off the data access over mobile network. Otherwise, it will not connect.

Should I do I hard reset? I have backed up all my contacts/photos/etc. through Google...

MB

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,312

May 27, 2014 6:31:18 AM via Website

@Linn the solution I gave to @Chris also goes to you to you'll be in a need to flash the stock firmware over to your device, which can be done by downloading the stock ROM from going to sammobile/firmware, use the latest version of Odin to flash it over your device. It should start working fine !! :)

• Forum posts: 1,338

May 31, 2014 8:21:20 PM via Website

Hey @Chris, depending on where you are and your carrier etc, you might be about to get the official KitKat update from Samsung, so keep an eye out for that on SamMobile's firmware page - as @John noted - because once that is out you can flash that and have the most current version of official firmware on your Note 2 (being rooted means you don't get OTA updates anymore, so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 2, 2014 6:31:10 AM via Website

Hi Kris,

Im trying to do hard reset but it didn't work. After many attempts, the last one works but the it is on chinese character. How to change it english?

Thanks

Jun 2, 2014 6:44:14 PM via Website

Ok, so you've accessed Fastboot but you're seeing it in Chinese characters? That's a weird one, I don't know how to change the Fastboot language. I actually thought that was set throught he standard system language (accessed normally in settings).

You could try installing an app called Word Lens Translator which will let your camera app (if you have another smartphone around) live translate the Chinese characters into English so you can do it that way.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 4, 2014 12:25:00 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

Ok, so you've accessed Fastboot but you're seeing it in Chinese characters? That's a weird one, I don't know how to change the Fastboot language. I actually thought that was set throught he standard system language (accessed normally in settings).

You could try installing an app called Word Lens Translator which will let your camera app (if you have another smartphone around) live translate the Chinese characters into English so you can do it that way.

Sir the reason why Im doing the hard reset is that my son forgot the password of the phone hence, we cannot install nor open the phone.

• Forum posts: 713

Jun 4, 2014 6:47:54 AM via Website

Emelson Batulan Madronio

Kris Carlon

Sir the reason why Im doing the hard reset is that my son forgot the password of the phone hence, we cannot install nor open the phone.

are you seeing this characters in fastboot . if yes, then your phone is a fake

Ready To Help You.

Jun 4, 2014 6:48:59 AM via Website

Michael Browning

Kris,

I updated to 4.3 and my Note 2 will now no longer switch automatically to my work Wifi from 4G when I enter the building. It tries to connect, but then turns off the wifi. I can get it to connect to my work wifi network if I turn off the data access over mobile network. Otherwise, it will not connect.

Should I do I hard reset? I have backed up all my contacts/photos/etc. through Google...

MB

This might be a bug on firmware . hard reset will solve the issue

Ready To Help You.

Jun 8, 2014 10:46:12 PM via Website

My note 2 is stuck on the Samsung screen so I tried doing the hard reset. But when it reboots it stays stuck again... anything else I can do?

Jun 9, 2014 3:57:39 AM via Website

Yvette Benavides

My note 2 is stuck on the Samsung screen so I tried doing the hard reset. But when it reboots it stays stuck again... anything else I can do?

In this case, you need to update your firmware vie KIES or re-flash using ODIN

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 3

Jun 22, 2014 7:33:18 AM via Website

I just received update to my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II for Kit Kat 4.4.2. I have approx 700+ apps installed and associated data. What will be the best way to reset the device without loosing all the data and apps? Verizon tells me that I will have to reset the device to make it to work properly.

Jun 22, 2014 7:36:00 AM via Website

Hemendra Desai

I just received update to my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II for Kit Kat 4.4.2. I have approx 700+ apps installed and associated data. What will be the best way to reset the device without loosing all the data and apps? Verizon tells me that I will have to reset the device to make it to work properly.

you can use helium app for backup data with rooting
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

— modified on Jun 22, 2014 7:36:38 AM

Ready To Help You.

Jun 22, 2014 5:29:54 PM via Website

I do not have rooted device, will it still work?

Jun 23, 2014 3:52:21 AM via Website

Hemendra Desai

I do not have rooted device, will it still work?

sure it will work .you don't need a rooted device

Ready To Help You.

Jun 23, 2014 5:51:32 PM via Website

As @mobilecrackers mentioned, Helium lets you backup without root. You just use your computer to sidestep the root part. I just wrote an article explaining the process to backup without root for the Galaxy S4, but you can follow the same steps for the Note 2 (some of the settigns may be slightly different depending on what Android version you have).

Jun 24, 2014 5:12:46 PM via Website

I tried following the options you have specified. Helium keeps on stating that the "Helium server is not running" and then Helium crashes.

Jun 25, 2014 12:51:21 PM via Website

Have you enabled PC Download in the overflow menu? If you have and the Helium server is still not running then perhaps there's an issue on that side? I haven't encountered this problem before.

But you can simply save your backup to USB instead of the server. If you have space issues, just backup the data but not the app APKs, then you simply need to reinstall the apps manually before restoring your data.

Jul 3, 2014 1:03:30 AM via Website

i have clean data and Wipe Cache Partition but my phone still restart.

Jul 3, 2014 4:46:08 AM via App

you need to Reflash your firmware with ODIN or update your phone vie Kies...

Ready To Help You.