Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S3

• Replies:96
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 709

Jun 10, 2014 10:42:41 AM via Website

KDS

Hi, My phone was lost/stolen two nights ago and I don't have a password to unlock. It may have been in airplane mode when retrieved by someone. Is a factory reset possible when in airplane mode? I'm super anxious about someone having access to all of my information. There has been no recent activity on the phone (e.g. calls, messages, data) so I'm guessing this could be because either: 1) it's dead or 2) it's in airplane mode with or without wifi access. I'm holding off on activating a new phone b/c i'd like to use Lookout Security or Android Device Manager to wipe the data if it's turned on anytime soon.

Thanks in advance!!

in this case you need to register a complain before he starts to mess things up

Ready To Help You.

Jun 10, 2014 10:45:06 AM via Website

this can be a battery problem
you can tell if your phone's battery is bad by putting it on a flat surface and trying to "spin" it . If it spins, supposedly the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced.

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 4

Jun 26, 2014 8:30:55 AM via Website

Hi...this seems to be going on for so long and did not realise an inadvertent upgrade would cause so many issues. Now i read the problems are over 6 months old and i just happen to upgrade in May and not that no steps have been taken to resolve the problems that users are experiencing.

My question here - i did a factory reset, but it still is the 4.3 version and not the 4.1..how can i revert to the original firmware. will a hard rest help?

Eagerly wait to hear from you....and thanks for your help up until now

Jun 26, 2014 9:15:07 AM via Website

unable

— modified on Jun 26, 2014 9:51:53 AM

Jun 26, 2014 9:51:02 AM via Website

I have had this exact same problem...were you able to resolve yours? the firmware updated is not the one with the factory settings..it is back to 4.3 which has really messed up my phone experience on a perfectly good phone.

Thanks

Carl Marsh

Hi there.

Like many others, I found the latest firmware update for my S3 (GT-19300) wasn't that great - more annoying than actually non-functional, but definitely no improvement overall. It seemed a bit glitchy. I thought this might be because it updated itself over the air when my wireless connection wasn't particularly strong, so I thought I'd try re-installing it via a cable connection through Kies.

I backed everything up in Kies and did a factory reset, but it's come back with the latest firmware still installed. Is this because I had 'Back up my data' and 'Automatic restore' checked in 'Backup and reset', and if so, has the firmware been re-installed exactly as was or re-downloaded?

I could try this again, or go for a hard reset instead, but I'm not sure if this would actually fix anything. Almost everything re-installed from backup OK, but I did lose a few settings - currently not getting incoming email, for example, and lost small things such as ringtone choices and wallpaper, as well as at least one paid-for app - so I don't want to do that all again if it won't fix the bugs in the firmware.

It looks like this phone won't be supported for Android updates from now on, so I suppose I need to tweak it to get the best out of the current latest version for as long as possible.

Any advice welcome, thank you.

• Forum posts: 1

Jun 28, 2014 3:23:11 PM via Website

heyy i factory reset my samsung galaxy s3 but now it will just stay at the inro samsung logo w/a flashing blue light??

Jun 28, 2014 3:54:21 PM via Website

Damaris Trujillo

heyy i factory reset my samsung galaxy s3 but now it will just stay at the inro samsung logo w/a flashing blue light??

you are on bootloop
Re-Flash your phone vie ODIn

Ready To Help You.

Jun 29, 2014 1:10:25 AM via Website

I have the same problem right now did u ever fix it

Jul 28, 2014 5:24:58 AM via Website

mobile crackers

Damaris Trujillo

you are on bootloop
Re-Flash your phone vie ODIn

Greetings, everyone.

I had a great S3 phone until the 4.3 pach came and cracked everything: in a matter of hours It went form turning off all the time to simply not booting up ( it stayed in the intro logo without the blue effects).

I tried the "Android system recovery < 3e>" to do the factory reset and cache cleaning, but all I got was more error messages such as
"E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p12"
"E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
"E:failed to mount /cache (Block device required)"

I believe there is something to do with the blocking mentioned in the error message, but I cannot find within the forum what it relates to - nor how to fix it.

Coud @mobileCrackers or @Kris please give me some directions on how to solve it?

I believe I can live with my lost data, but I'm still trying to get the phone back to working.

Jul 28, 2014 6:22:25 AM via Website

GTorreti

I had a great S3 phone until the 4.3 pach came and cracked everything: in a matter of hours It went form turning off all the time to simply not booting up ( it stayed in the intro logo without the blue effects).

I tried the "Android system recovery < 3e>" to do the factory reset and cache cleaning, but all I got was more error messages such as
"E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p12"
"E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
"E:failed to mount /cache (Block device required)"

I believe there is something to do with the blocking mentioned in the error message, but I cannot find within the forum what it relates to - nor how to fix it.

Coud @mobileCrackers or @Kris please give me some directions on how to solve it?

I believe I can live with my lost data, but I'm still trying to get the phone back to working.

looks like mmc is damaged , Try reflash with same original fw
i can't give any hope. this is a hardware problem

— modified on Jul 28, 2014 6:23:02 AM

Ready To Help You.

Aug 4, 2014 6:15:24 PM via Website

I get the same "Device Memory Damaged" message from time to time. I just hold the power button in, turn the phone off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, then its gone. It only comes up every now and then but this seems to work for now.

— modified on Aug 4, 2014 6:17:01 PM

• Forum posts: 12

Aug 8, 2014 3:42:22 AM via Website

Donny Fong

Hi Admin. I am using Samsung S3 and I had just did the Factory Reset. May I know where is all my data being back up to? I couldn't recover my data especially all my phone friends numbers and sms/ texts messages. Please help me to recover? Thanks!

Hi, don't worry. You can connect your Samsung S3 to the computer via USB, and then use Android Phone Recovery to scan the device and find out the phone numbers and text messages. Please note, you need enable the USB debugging option on S3.

Aug 12, 2014 4:54:49 PM via Website

I have the exact same problem. If you come across a solution, please let me know. If I find one, I will advise you. Tnx.

• Forum posts: 3

Aug 15, 2014 12:41:52 AM via Website

Hi. I just did factory reset on my galaxy s3 because I am about to sell it in less than an hour. Is it supposed to be white with at@t symbol?

Aug 15, 2014 5:11:41 AM via Website

Donna Gibson

Hi. I just did factory reset on my galaxy s3 because I am about to sell it in less than an hour. Is it supposed to be white with at@t symbol?

Is it stuck on At&T logo ?

Ready To Help You.

Aug 24, 2014 1:44:12 PM via Website

hej hej

how are you ... i have sgs3 and i flash an 4.3 for it 6 months ago and then i lost the network i trid to downgread and every thing i didnt get a solution until i flash a modem on 4.3 and then i had my ntwork back ... but the device stuck and when sombody call me i cant answer somtimes and so on .... is ther any possibelity that i can downgread to 4.1.2 and get the network back or what ???? becouse if there is non i will throug my phone away its the last solution i will try

my phone sgs3
i am in sweden
i am wating for your help thanx ..