New Motorola Moto X apps, accessories and Wallpapers

• Replies:10
Chris Paps
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 9, 2013, 12:05:39 PM via Website

Despite unveiled a week ago, the New Moto X has new apps, accessories and Wallpapers going around.

What do you think? Have you seen any smaples?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 9, 2013, 3:58:16 PM via Website

Hi Chris, we wrote a piece just yesterday about two of the new Moto X-inspired apps available in the Play Store: ActiveNotifications (only available for devices running Android 4.3 though due to the requirement of a service only supported in that version) and also Twisty Launcher to launch the camera app in the weird way the Moto X does. There's also the wallpapers available. What others have you heard about?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Chris Paps
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 9, 2013, 4:06:59 PM via Website

Hi Kris,

the apps you mentioned I think are embedded in the phone as add on innovative features to catch buyers attention. There is one new app that will not be loaded on the phone if I understood well, called Motorola Migrate. And also wallpapers and more.

— modified on Aug 20, 2013, 11:34:30 AM by moderator

Kris Carlon

Aug 20, 2013, 11:35:17 AM via Website

The Active Notifications app has been improved to support devices running Android 4.0 now, and there's a few other fixes too. I love this app and already can't imagine being without it!

— modified on Aug 20, 2013, 1:22:59 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Mark Line
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 20, 2013, 1:06:01 PM via Website

Mobile wallpaper is important for mobile ? New new apps is important for mobile .

Kris Carlon

Aug 20, 2013, 1:28:25 PM via Website

Hmm, perhaps I'm confused: I thought we were talking about Moto X features you can get on other devices via apps or APKs, like the camera interface, Active Notifications, the twisty camera access thing. We don't have a Moto X in the office yet so I haven't been able to play with the built-in features - but we've ordered one. And as far as I'm aware Motorola Migrate is pre-installed on the Moto X. Does anyone have one already and knows different?

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 21, 2013, 6:42:20 PM via Website

I downloaded Twisty Launcher and uninstalled a few days later - doesn't work half the time and is stupid anyway. Active Notifications is good but my phone has a LCD screen so it drains the battery too much.

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 21, 2013, 8:48:14 PM via Website

I love ActiveNotifications, there is a similar app called Cowabunga that you may find a better option if you have an LCD screen. I'm not so keen on Twisty Launcher because it is opening up my camera at random moments (maybe I have it set to too high a sensitivity?). Another recent find is 'hover controls' which I am loving as now I just need to wave my hand above my phone screen and it wakes up.

martinclayson
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 7:18:33 AM via Website

Not Experienced but very interested in these, Want to get details for downloading immediately. Anyone already using, Please share some attachments for the more detailed view. Thanks in advance.

— modified on Aug 29, 2013, 7:23:20 AM

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 29, 2013, 8:14:20 PM via Website

Hi Martin, you can easily find and download these apps from the Play Store. The ActiveNotification app has been renamed as DynamicNotification, I have been using it for a couple of weeks, it does chew through your battery if you have the screen time-out set too high (I've lowered mine from 15 seconds to 2 seconds), hover control is also a great app, you can use it to launch apps, scroll through a selection of apps and to wake your screen (I only have it set up for waking my screen)

Turkey Anzac
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 6, 2013, 5:47:21 PM via Website

i think it rally helpful