Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Note 2 - N7100 is getting fully charged in around 2 hrs 45 mins

• Replies:8
  • Answered
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 12, 2013, 8:42:05 PM via Website

Hi Friends,
Few days back the data cable I got with my note 2 got bad and I had to throw it.
I wondered which data cable should I buy as a replacement.
I researched on the internet and was not satisfied with any.
Finally I got a data cable from a radio shack for a mere sum of $1.6 (Indian Rupees 100) and the performance is just mind blowing.
Now my note 2 gets fully charged from 0% to 100% in about 2 hours 45 minutes and the data transfer speed is also awesome.
I use the new data cable + stock adapter that came with the note 2 box
The adapter gets a little warm while charging, but that's normal because the output current is 2A.
The cable is an original Samsung product numbered APCBU10BBE.
Try and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Vishal Agarwal

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 13, 2013, 7:44:13 PM via Website

Great tip vishalagarwal1286, but we just want to remind everyone gently about the possible risks of third-party chargers, batteries and cables. We've sdeen bunches of problems lately, so if you are at all concerned, stick with original manufacturer-made products. This is of course, not to say there aren't plaenty of worthy cheaper options available, we just want to make sure everyone has all the facts!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Aug 13, 2013, 11:26:45 PM via Website

Kris FYI I have mentioned in the post that its an original Samsung cable numbered APCBU10BBE... And not a 3rd party cable, hence its safe and good...

— modified on Aug 13, 2013, 11:30:21 PM

Deactivated Account

Aug 14, 2013, 5:04:28 PM via Website

Oh OK, I see. The phone doesn't heat up but the adapter warms up a bit. It eventually cools down towards the end of charging.

Bojan M.
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 14, 2013, 9:12:50 PM via Website

I thought you meant charging over your data cable alone (connected to PC). If you talk about charging with charger itself, then my out of the box cable gets that time easily, even better I guess. It might be faulty cable in your package, which eventually broke completely.
There are many different USB cables with different characteristics. It may be not enough to buy a Samsung cable, but a Samsung cable specifically designed for the Note 2 phones. Either way, good for you :)

Edit:

Forgot to add, both my phone and charger heat up a lot during charging, to the point that you can't hold it in your hand (if you have gentle hands :)). Doesn't bother me at all, as my experience with phones and chargers is exactly like that. So, if it heats up a bit, that's no problem.

— modified on Aug 14, 2013, 9:16:46 PM

Deactivated Account

Aug 14, 2013, 11:06:33 PM via Website

Nah... I dont think the cable that came with the box was faulty because I got three note 2's for my family when it was launched and all of them took around 6-8 hrs to charge completely without any issues.
I'm now happy with the new charging cable that I got as it charges my phone in a very short time approx. 2.45 hrs... with only the charger getting a little warm. The phone stays cool during the whole period of charging.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 15, 2013, 3:21:27 PM via Website

I'm guessing if you paid for the cable in INR though that you're most likely charging your Note 2 in India though, correct? The voltage in India is very different to North America and can be pretty shaky (at least it was when I was there), so electrical current fluctuations would also affect the charging time for devices compared to other countries.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

yuvaraj
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 6:05:35 AM via Website

could u please send me the link for the high speed data cable u bought