On a N7 2013, I needed to do a factory reset because Amazon Warehouse sent me the wrong model, Wi-Fi only instead of LTE, and it was going back. Since I had loaded a few things and did an Android upgrade before I noticed the error, I needed to do a factory reset. And my luck, I ran into the "Google" problem while running it with Nexus Root Toolkit. Everything went fine until the reboot, when it stuck on Google. When nothing else worked, I went into Recovery Mode and tried a data wipe/factory reset and cache wipe, but same result. By then, the Nexus was no longer seen by my desktop except in Bootloader mode. So from there I tried NRM again and this time got an error message that I was running 5.1.1, not 5.1.0. Don't know where that came from, since NRM hadn't said anything about it earlier and I never installed 5.1.1. But a rerun of the whole process, twice, still didn't get me to the moving balls. Unless I come up with another approach, it'll be going back as is.