Problem in accesing Whatsapp

• Replies:21
Deepak Vij
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 20, 2013, 9:47:48 AM via Website

I am having problem in accessing the Whatsapp, as soon as I click on Whatsapp symbol on my phone, it opens up and then suddenly comes out of that application, I am not able to get inside the Whatsapp, I dont know why? Also, recently I have changed the sim to some other number, please suggest me, Is it because of that? if yes, then what is the solution to resolve it?
My device details:
Phone : hTC One V
Android: Ice Cream Sandwich
Android Version: 4.0.3

Please help.

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 21, 2013, 6:47:44 PM via Website

Do you have the most current version of Android for your phone? If not, update your OS. Then check the WhatsApp is not causing problems with that version (just google it and see if other people have the same problem). Even though WhatsApp is supposed to work with Android versions from 2.1 and above it never used to work on my phone after a while and kept saying the version of WhatsApp was too old and needed to be updated. So maybe try to install the newest version of WhatsApp too in case that's the problem

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Aug 22, 2013, 12:26:26 AM via Website

Whatsapp is tied to your phone number. If you've changed that then the data you currently have will not be linked to your phone now. You'll have to clear the data or uninstall/reinstall and set up a new account.

Sinkster

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 22, 2013, 1:11:40 PM via Website

Looks like the issue caused is because you changed the SIM but the app is not supposed to crash (as you described). When SIM card is changed WhatsApp gives option to register your number.
Try clearing data, uninstall the app and reinstall it. Not cent percent sure but this will work.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Deepak Vij

Aug 22, 2013, 3:55:26 PM via Website

What do you mean by "clearing the data", do you want me to delete the pics and videos downloaded by me from whatsapp???
or something else? Please clarify, and also thank you all for your concern in my case.

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 22, 2013, 4:24:52 PM via Website

Like everyone has been saying, WhatsApp account is phone number or SIM card sensitive. Your conversations do get backed up onto your internal storage and SD card BUT backup files are also number sensitive. Did you happen to send your conversations to your computer? You could have done this by sending them as a text from WhatsApp to your email.

Saurabh Mhatre
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 4, 2014, 5:00:16 PM via Website

i have same issues.
Suddenly whatsapp doesnt open.
i have to uninstall and reinstall again. then it works fine for some day before again refusing to open.
at times it works for a month, at times i have to reinstall within 2 days.
i reinstall from playstore so i am sure i get the latest version.
It would be great if sumone can help out.

James_Modi

Jan 8, 2014, 5:18:35 PM via App

I had the same issue more than one time....every time I had to reinstall whatsapp and than it work perfactly...so try it on tour device.....try to reinstall it...

— modified on Jan 8, 2014, 5:19:43 PM

icyrhumba

Jan 9, 2014, 2:37:43 PM via Website

I am also facing the same thing. whenever I reinstall whatsapp, after the initializing process, it will go back to my phone home..im still using the same number

Shrikant Upasani

Jan 13, 2014, 8:45:16 AM via Website

Even I am fedup from similar issues..some time i am re installing whats up twice or thrice a day...please somebody help me out the biggest problem is we lost the conversation ...and now to overcome that i am using two accounts and mobiles which is very hectic too ...

Kushal Pimoli

Jan 24, 2014, 7:49:33 AM via Website

i have also the same problem but knowone help me ....tell me also what to do???

Tanishq Jain
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 24, 2014, 8:22:11 AM via App

Changing SIM doesn't matter. Your phone number is associated with the Whatsapp app on your device. If you inserted the SIM in another device and registered for Whatsapp on other device, you will be facing this problem. Whatsapp once registered on a device can work without SIM, another SIM also. :)

Tanishq Jain

Jan 24, 2014, 8:23:50 AM via App

Goto Settings>Apps>Whatsapp>Clear Data. Reinstall Whatsapp from Play store and check if the problem still persists. :-)

Dhaval Shah
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 22, 2014, 11:17:07 AM via Website

I face the same problem.Read all the above suggestions . None seem to work. Also, my HTC One V has stopped recognizing my memory card. My phone software is up to date. Does the official HTC customer care resolve such kind of problems???

Dhaval Shah

Mar 22, 2014, 11:19:08 AM via Website

Daniel Jones
Looks like the issue caused is because you changed the SIM but the app is not supposed to crash (as you described). When SIM card is changed WhatsApp gives option to register your number.
Try clearing data, uninstall the app and reinstall it. Not cent percent sure but this will work.
Don't think the SIM card change has anything to do with this.

Dhaval Shah

Mar 22, 2014, 11:20:08 AM via Website

Is this a suggestion or has it worked in personal experience?

Piyush Prashant

Mar 22, 2014, 2:45:52 PM via Website

having the same problem here...
tried updating & reinstalling, it works fine for a few days but then again it starts the same thing.
sometimes my phone stops reading my memory card too.
mine is HTC desireV.
please help someone!

Sachin Dahiya

Mar 23, 2014, 3:17:21 PM via Website

Even i am also fed up of the same issue. But no solution. I havent changed phone/sim. I am using whatsapp on htc one v. Please help.

Narendra Gupta

Jun 21, 2014, 6:07:24 PM via Website

For a workaround of this problem - Whatsapp crashing on HTC.

Step 1: Create the shortcuts in whatsapp for some of the contacts (at least 2).
select a contact in whatsapp then Menu - More - Add Shortcut.

Step 2: When the problem occurs, you will not be able to open the whatsapp directly.
Now Disconnect the internet/bluetooth.

Step 3 :Open the whatsapp thru one of the shortcut you have created in Step 1.
Forward any big message (max 1 full screen) from this contact to the contact from
which you have received the devnagari Message.

Step 4: Now you will be able to open the whatsapp in Normal mode.

Step 5 : clear all the messages from the contact created problem.

Step 6: Connect to Internet and say -- Thanks God.

If you have not implemented this work around , then ask the contact or wait to receive a big message from that contact and the problem will go.

— modified on Jun 23, 2014, 9:41:37 AM by moderator

kroger

Jan 26, 2015, 1:20:11 PM via Website

Loie Favre

Like everyone has been saying, WhatsApp account is phone number or SIM card sensitive. Your conversations do get backed up onto your internal storage and SD card BUT backup files are also number sensitive. Did you happen to send your conversations to your computer? You could have done this by sending them as a text from WhatsApp to your email.

Hi Loie,

I'm a newbie on this website and I happened to find this thread when I was Google-ing for a solution for my Whatsapp problem, which is exactly what's been described here i.e. I open Whatsapp and in a matter of moments Whatsapp suddenly closes itself.

From what you said in your post above, would you mind explaining further why "sending them as a text from WhatsApp to your email" would cause this particular behavior? I'm asking because, if it's the same phone and the same phone number, I can't see how emailing a conversation from Whatsapp might cause Whatsapp to close abruptly by itself.

Thanks for your help.

Jack David

Mar 2, 2016, 7:53:51 AM via Website

The best 4 way to fix WhatsApp crashes/issues .You can easily fix this issue whether the WhatsApp app crashes Android phone and other phones.
www.any-data-recovery.com/topics/whatsapp/how-to-fix-whatsapp-crashes.html

— modified on Mar 2, 2016, 7:55:18 AM

Jack David

Mar 2, 2016, 7:53:55 AM via Website

The best 4 way to fix WhatsApp crashes/issues From any-data-recovery.com.
You can easily fix this issue whether the WhatsApp app crashes Android phone and other phones.