Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — Looking for app, on off for wifi/mobile data and bluetooth

• Replies:16
  • Answered
Ian M.
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 26, 2013, 1:41:29 PM via Website

Hi, Anyone know of an simple on/off app to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth and mobile data for the samsung galaxy s4 mini?

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Aug 26, 2013, 2:00:47 PM via Website

Hi,

do u want to develop the app which will on/off WiFi Bluetooth etc? explain would it be automatically or you want to jump on the settings?

Ian M.

Aug 26, 2013, 2:08:16 PM via Website

I like a simple app, click on the icon where you switch off wifi, mobile data or bluetooth or all 3. To save power

I don't know how to make an app

Ashish Tripathi

Aug 26, 2013, 2:29:57 PM via Website

ok just this code. it;s a sample app which will print in log cat whether wifi mobile or bluetooth is on or off.

Activity Class

package com.example.android_fragment;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter;
import android.content.Context;
import android.net.ConnectivityManager;
import android.net.wifi.WifiManager;
import android.os.Bundle;

public class MainActivity extends Activity {
WifiManager wifiManager;
ConnectivityManager mgr;
private BluetoothAdapter mBluetoothAdapter;
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
wifiManager = (WifiManager) this.getSystemService(Context.WIFI_SERVICE);
mBluetoothAdapter = BluetoothAdapter.getDefaultAdapter();
if(mBluetoothAdapter == null){
System.out.println("BlueTooth adapter not found");

}
//check the status and set the button text accordingly
else {
if (mBluetoothAdapter.isEnabled()) {
System.out.println("BlueTooth is currently switched ON");

}else{
System.out.println("BlueTooth is currently switched OFF");

}
}
// wifiManager.setWifiEnabled(true);
// wifiManager.setWifiEnabled(false);
mgr = (ConnectivityManager)getSystemService(CONNECTIVITY_SERVICE);
boolean is3G = mgr.getNetworkInfo(ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE).isConnectedOrConnecting();
if(is3G){
System.out.println("Data Network is on");
}
else{
System.out.println("Data network is off");
}
boolean check = wifiManager.isWifiEnabled();
if(check){
System.out.println("wifi is working");
}
else{
System.out.println("wifi is off");
}
}

}

default xml file.

Manifest Primission

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"></uses-permission>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE"></uses-permission>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN" />

Check out in log cat info. it will print the what u want.

If any query share.

Ian M.

Aug 26, 2013, 2:37:12 PM via Website

I don't have any software to create the app

Ashish Tripathi

Aug 26, 2013, 3:25:24 PM via Website

oops. Than how it will be ?

Ian M.

Aug 26, 2013, 5:34:45 PM via Website

Just installing Android Studio, hope that compiles apps?

Do you know how the script instead of pressing the on button to put the phone to sleep mode?
like tap an app and the phone sleeps, so no more fiddling about with buttons?

Ian M.

Aug 26, 2013, 5:56:01 PM via Website

Haven't got a clue with Android Studio

Ian M.

Aug 26, 2013, 6:10:28 PM via Website

I'm looking for the app to install not to make

vikash
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 9:18:15 AM via Website

Download easy battery saver it the best out there and

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 27, 2013, 4:54:42 PM via Website

Hi Ian, I highly recommend 'Power Toggles' from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it is brilliant, I use it to control wifi & bluetooth, sync, brightness, timeout, volume & locking my phone.

Mick
  • Forum posts: 38

Dec 12, 2013, 2:33:07 PM via Website

Ian M.
Hi, Anyone know of an simple on/off app to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth and mobile data for the samsung galaxy s4 mini?

Sorry if i am a bit late to the party here, but why would you need an app for this? Just swipe down from the top of the main page and tap the icon to reverse the setting. Tap the icon in the top right corner to see all the options, then move the ones you want to the top line.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 27, 2015, 12:23:53 PM via Website

Its a simple mobile function can use any Samsung phone.
Generally go through mobile settings and change it any mode.

Mick

Jan 27, 2015, 2:20:31 PM via Website

Mick

Sorry if i am a bit late to the party here, but why would you need an app for this? Just swipe down from the top of the main page and tap the icon to reverse the setting. Tap the icon in the top right corner to see all the options, then move the ones you want to the top line.

There is no longer an icon there for Mobile Data. They removed it with the KitKat 4.4.2 update. Nobody on any of these forums seems to know why, or to be concerned about it for that matter. If you have the update and still have the icon we would be interested to know.

It may have been removed by some of the carriers [mine is Rogers] rather than by the Samsung team? To encourage people to leave it ON and run up their bill?

This App is free, simple, and works well - "Notification Toggle".

Lori Kemp
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 7, 2015, 12:47:05 AM via Website

Hi, I hope this helps as its my first post. On my S4 mini if I swipe down from the top of the phone in the home screen with one finger I get the option for WiFi, Location, Sound, screen rotation and bluetooth BUT if I swipe down using two slightly separated fingers I get the options I mentioned before and loads more (11 to be exact) including mobile data, flight mode, hands free mode and other useful icons. I' m on KitKat version 4.4.2 which is causing me a few problems as I have just upgraded to it. One with WiFi which I have solved with the help on this site by setting WiFi on during sleep to ALWAYS in advanced WiFi settings. The other issue is it is not saving my photos to the SD card and I have still to fix this, be warned my phone was overwriting any photos I took since the update with new photos then when I powered off the phone and back on all the photos I had taken since the upgrade were gone as if they were only in a temporary memory. So if you think you may have this issue try to Bluetooth the photos to another device before switching off your phone, I lost 8 photos and I don't want others to do the same.

Mick

Feb 7, 2015, 3:01:03 AM via Website

I am also on KK 4.4.2. I am with Rogers Canada.

I think that the two finger swipe is misleading you. You should get the same result by swiping down with one finger then touching the icon in the top right corner. I think this is what is happening with the two finger swipe down - one swipes the other touches that icon.

Do you really get the Mobile Data when you do that? Interesting. I get 10 more, two rows of five each. I heard from what should be [but probably is not] a reliable source that with 4.4.2 the Mobile Data icon was intentionally removed. The [un]reliable source is Rogers. So i am wondering who is your service provider? Perhaps Rogers deleted that icon just for we [un]lucky customers.

Sorry, i'll be no help with the photo and BlueTooth issues.

Mick

Lori Kemp
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 7, 2015, 11:24:29 AM via Website

Hi, Mick
I definatley get Mobile Data icon when I swipe down, I use it all the time, I'm with EE in the UK. It would drive me nuts if I had to go through the settings to put it on/off all the time so I understand your frustration. I can also get the icons with a one finger swipe then click on top right icon just find it quicker to swipe down with two. I hope you find a solution but it could be that it was removed to keep you on data all the time which may cost more.