Samsung Galaxy S3 — S3 been in water

• Replies:3
Phil Kneen
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 31, 2013, 4:04:38 PM via Website

I have a S3 that went into a bucket of water, dried it out as soon as possible and left it in a box of rice for 4 days, when I switched it back on the display worked ok but its asking to insert the sim card when it was already inserted, I thought it was the sim card slot so I replaced the combined sim card/micro sd card section, but its exactly the same, is there anything else to check??

Zigs Pitroda
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 7:45:35 PM via Website

Phil Kneen
I have a S3 that went into a bucket of water, dried it out as soon as possible and left it in a box of rice for 4 days, when I switched it back on the display worked ok but its asking to insert the sim card when it was already inserted, I thought it was the sim card slot so I replaced the combined sim card/micro sd card section, but its exactly the same, is there anything else to check??

Chris Krajewski
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 5, 2013, 8:35:52 AM via Website

Wrong...wrong...wrong...mistake after mistake ... - from the beginning to the end.

You'd have to submerged it immediately in at least 95 % alcohol for 2-3 seconds.
Alcohol must penetrate entire interior of the phone ( 98% "Spirytus"- Product of Poland is the best).
Let it dry in worm place for about 1 hour. And any device must work. - No exceptions, - unless it was damaged in the first moment from contact with water. Don't forget.. - don't waste the alcohol you've been using , it's still drinkable and good for your health. :grin:

— modified on Sep 5, 2013, 8:42:11 AM