Need help with "modified device"

• Replies:2
Sharp93
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 10:15:41 PM via Website

Hi guys, i need some help with my GS3, I wanted to update it to the latest version but it wont let me because i have a modified phone, by rooting it i guess, so i factory reset my phone and wiped all my data, but my phone was still rooted, so i figured out how to un-root it and did that, but still no luck. i still cant update. so i found this website on how to flash the original stock ROM onto my phone because i think i loaded a custom ROM at one point but i loaded the original one back. but i just followed that link and its still saying the same thing, i just want to completely wipe..erase..do whatever to make it like a brand new phone that's never been touched so i can have the latest Jelly Bean version

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Oct 24, 2013, 6:59:18 PM via Website

Why not just upgrade your custom ROM? There are lots of Android 4.3 ROMs out there already. Eclipse is my personal favorite, but I've just gotten hooked on Paranoid Android as well.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Chris M.
  • Forum posts: 23

Oct 25, 2013, 10:24:00 AM via Website

Well, sometimes a person just wants to get back to stock, maybe for technical reasons or just for a warm feeling of a return to certainty, perhaps to ease the exhaustion of living on the edge...