Can Whatsapp chats be transferred to iPhone?

• Replies:17
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 10, 2013 9:58:05 AM via Website

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to transfer Whatsapp chats to iPhone, and if so, how?

I have backed up my Android Whatsapp folder and I have it on my PC now, but can it be restored to the iPhone?

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Stefania
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Sep 24, 2013 1:14:22 PM via Website

I think it's just simple as installing that over iPhone. Just have a conversation backup on the app itself for now through the create backup in the app itself option. And then when you will install it over iPhone and register with the same number all the chats would be recovered. I did the same for mine.

Sep 24, 2013 1:34:14 PM via Website

Olivia Wattson
I think it's just simple as installing that over iPhone. Just have a conversation backup on the app itself for now through the create backup in the app itself option. And then when you will install it over iPhone and register with the same number all the chats would be recovered. I did the same for mine.

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for trying to help! However, everybody else (on other forums) told me that it cannot be done because the two operating systems are different and do not recognize Whatsapp backup files. Did you really manage to recover all your previous conversations? From Android to iPhone? If you don't mind, would you explain the step-to-step process you used? Thanks!!! :bashful:
  • Forum posts: 145

Sep 25, 2013 1:09:38 PM via Website

iPhone?? Wrong forum, mayhaps? ;)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Sep 25, 2013 1:15:59 PM via Website

HowDoYouAndroid.com
iPhone?? Wrong forum, mayhaps? ;)

No, I don't think so. Both Android and iPhone forums apply, since I went from an Android to an iPhone. Meybe some former Android user managed to do what I am trying to do and can help - this is my hope.

Thanks for your concern.

— modified on Sep 25, 2013 1:16:22 PM

• Forum posts: 145

Sep 25, 2013 1:37:42 PM via Website

Just teasing, since you're trying to get Android fans to condone your wayward straying to iPhone... :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

• Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2014 12:14:20 PM via Website

Or you can download a tool called Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer to help. No root/jailbreak required.

— modified on Sep 8, 2015 4:28:30 AM

Feb 10, 2014 4:57:47 AM via Website

I think it's clear that periodically I will need to use iTunes for major updates of either the software or firmware to backup iPhone. In the mean time, given the software available to us through jailbreaking, I think I can realistically survive without it.

I am open to more suggestions!
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 17, 2014 9:18:24 AM via Website

You may have found many approaches to transfer Whatsapp chats between Android and iPhone. Actually, there are many Android and iPhone transferring tool on the Internet, however, some of them are either too complex to operate or the functions of the tool is too simple that can only help you transfer some certain type of data like Whatsapp chats,contacts and music. However, if you try Phone Transfer, you can transfer Whatsapp chats,photos, contacts, music, videos, etc, any data that you like.

Phone to Phone Transfer *admin edit: Promoting paid products/services is not allowed*, the almighty and efficient data transferring tool, helps you transferring Android photos into iPhone with simply 3 steps – “Launch” “Connect” and “Copy”. With these 3 steps, you can move your Galaxy Note 3 photos to iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c without difficulty.

— modified on Sep 17, 2014 12:47:21 PM by moderator

Jan 26, 2015 4:37:47 AM via Website

WhatsApp has become one of the most popular communication tools on the planet. But if you want to transfer your account from computer to a new device, your old messages don't automatically come with you.Here's what I suggest you to do:
Connect your iPhone via USB to the PC. Because you've already downloaded WhatsApp onto your new handset, the folder "WhatsApp / Databases" should now exist. If not, you can manually create a new "Databases" folder in the "WhatsApp" folder yourself.
Copy your WhatsApp conversation backup file into that folder.
Now start WhatsApp on your iPhone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Just tap "Restore", and you're done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should have safely returned.
If this is too complicated for you or you would prefer some more easier and safer way to restore WhatsApp folder, you can Google FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. I've used it and it worked. So this would be my only suggestion if I ever have to made one.

— modified on Jan 28, 2015 2:52:42 AM

• Forum posts: 7

Mar 25, 2015 5:21:31 AM via Website

You may try TenorshareiPhoneCareProMac, this program can help you manage and transferred iPhone files. Just open the program and connect your iPhone with it.

May 14, 2015 3:37:51 AM via Website

Hi! This is quite an ordinary problem for many people.If you want to back up your Whatsapp chat to iPhone, you can download iPhone Transfer, which can help you restore your lost data or the data you keep it on PC/iCloud/iTunes.

• Forum posts: 12

Dec 17, 2015 8:48:12 AM via Website

Yes, it is possible. With the right tools, you can easily transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. All you need to do is plugging your Android and iPhone to computer via UBS cables. Also, ensure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on the computer and your Android device have enabled USB debugging.
Check this guide: jihosoft.com/phone-transfer/transfer-whatsapp-messages-between-android-iphone.html

• Forum posts: 14

Dec 30, 2015 10:53:41 AM via Website

I tried every single solution but its not possible to transfer WhatsApp chats to iPhone unless you use some third-party tool. I recently bought a new iPhone 6s after the recent price drop and use this Android WhatsApp to iPhone migrator http://www.iphone-to-pc.com/android-whatsapp-to-iphone-migrator.html to copy my all whatsapp chat with attachments from my old Android (galaxy s5) to iPhone 6s.

Best thing about this software is that it doesn't ask to root your Android device. For detailed instructions, you can follow this article http://www.iphone-to-pc.com/transfer-whatsapp-chat-messages-from-android-to-iphone.html

— modified on Jan 22, 2016 2:17:16 PM

Feb 13, 2016 2:39:43 PM via Website

Can I know can the free download version transfer all the Whatsapp messages from android phone to Iphone?

• Forum posts: 3

Apr 15, 2016 12:33:03 PM via Website

Yes, but for this you need to make use of the third party software, there are many software available online you can make use of it.

May 15, 2016 7:30:18 PM via Website

Hii there!
Did you manage to transfer all of your chat history?
Which version of s/w did u actually use?free or paid?

May 15, 2016 7:32:19 PM via Website

Hii there!
Did you manage to transfer all of your chat history?
Which version of s/w did u actually use?free or paid?