App suggestion.

• Replies:5
kev tunny
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 13, 2013, 2:49:19 AM via App

I would like to see a good tv guide app. I would also like to see an app that plays you tube videos.l and is compatable with older versions of android. i use eclair.

Stephen Kiley
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 17, 2013, 7:43:25 AM via Website

Have you made this suggestion for an app anywhere else or checked with developers if it would be possible/how much it would cost?

Jessaca Summers

Oct 25, 2013, 10:57:56 AM via Website

This is very vague and it sounds like it would take a LOT of manpower to produce, especially when it doesn't seem like it would be bringing anything new to the table- you can find built-in TV guides in DVRs and if you don't have a DVR, you can literally google your chanel listing. The YouTube app already plays videos. And, while I'm not saying it's totally fair, if developers had to constantly cater to older operating systems, it would become progressively more impossible to produce any sort of app at all - this isn't the consumer's fault and it sucks that a broke, poor, or stingy smartphone user is stuck without a lot of the more useful apps, but sadly, such is the way of things sometimes.

That being said, I'm not trying to say its bad. I just feel like this idea could use some polishing.

Viktor Orion

Oct 30, 2013, 12:25:06 PM via Website

Tjis is very usefull for me!

kev tunny

Nov 18, 2013, 2:30:54 PM via App

I like the mention of "simply" google the tv listing. Android is google's so why is it that I have 2.0 and if i had 2.1 I would be able to access google play? If it works on OS 1.0 then 5.0 should have no problem operating it. I already know the only answer....buy a new tab....funny thing is I own 2 Kindle fire hds, but I also own 2 el cheapo tabs with Android Eclair. they work well but no google play an no youtube app that plays a video when tapped. no I haven't gone any further than posting a suggestion here, if I watch youtube I use my WiiU and watch it on the tv and WiiU has TVii.......google it.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 18, 2013, 3:18:07 PM via Website

Hi @Kev, there's a video on YouTube demonstrating how to get the 2.2 YouTube app on a 2.1 device. It comes from this XDA thread that explains the port. You need to be rooted but if you are, then it is entirely possible to get the YouTube app installed.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting